• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about the Ravello pre-order. Any bad news related to the whiskey Plaza wing tip boot also?

I didn't hear of a particular shortage of whiskey shell, so that seems to be alright for the moment. But Alden plays that info close to the vest, so I can't say it with certainty.

Option 4: switch to whiskey shell?
I think this would look great, perhaps even better than ravello. I think people gravitated towards this make up because all the perforations really pop against the original tan calfskin obcsura make up, and I think this effect would be really accentuated in whiskey.
just a thought really...

Or Option 5: switch to Cigar shell?

Changing to Whiskey might be a good call. I'd certainly think that we'll get delivery faster that way.

Cigar is basically in the same boat as Ravello at this moment. We put up about 20 pairs of Cigar Brixtons last Friday and they sold out in less than an hour. The supply is really tight on Cigar as well.

Changing the makeup to Color #8 or Black would definitely result in a much faster and easier turnaround. I don't know if you guys would be on board for that. We ran a Color #8 Brixton on a light sole last Fall and the boots came out stunning. It would be a sharp look for the Obscura.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be down for switching to Whiskey, but also happy to wait it out with Ravello.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be good with switching to Whiskey too.

fitchottie

Reaction score
I feel sometimes depending on the light source those colors are so similar....

mr chorizo

Reaction score

I feel sometimes depending on the light source those colors are so similar....

thanks Mike for the quick response!

Personally, I'm all for keeping this boot lighter as there so many great color 8 make ups out there and I completely agree that whiskey and ravello can be pretty similar depending on the batch.

Mike: Is there a way of getting a rough ETA on whiskey for this boot?

thanks again for all your help with this!

yulun405

Reaction score
I vote for keeping it as it is (Ravello) now. The wait could be longer than anticipated, but it will be worth it.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I vote for keeping it as it is (Ravello) now. The wait could be longer than anticipated, but it will be worth it.

Not involved in the Ravello boot (although involved in the Whiskey Plaza Boot) but I think we should also consider Mike's position in all this. He is kind enough to offer an 'out' for those that are involved but I think we should also be mindful that we don't leave Mike hanging in case too many people do back out. He has been very transparent in this whole process which is commendable. I hope everyone in the order gets their boots in the end.

Hell, maybe I'll join on if I keep looking at the Obscura ;)

chantheman

Reaction score
i look at it this way. when i signed up and put my deposit down i figured an 18 month wait. whats another 6 months if i know im going to get my boot. if im willing to wait that long i know its not something that im in immediate need of anyway. just sucks that the wait is longer but it is what it is

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i look at it this way. when i signed up and put my deposit down i figured an 18 month wait. whats another 6 months if i know im going to get my boot. if im willing to wait that long i know its not something that im in immediate need of anyway. just sucks that the wait is longer but it is what it is

Well said and why patience is a virtue.

Also, dsmivtr, spot on re: Mike being so transparent about the process and wait time. That is exactly why his customer service is unparalleled and why many of us continue giving Epaulet our business and hard-earned dollars.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given the wait, would one be able to join the preorder?

Yes, definitely. I'm sure a few people will drop out, so we'll have some slots open if you want to join. I'll be out of town this week, but drop me a PM after that - I'll submit a revised order to Alden on 6/15.

And for anyone who stays on the preorder, don't worry about losing any time - submitting a chance before the confirmation won't affect out standing in the queue at all.

I'll definitely be trying to jump in on the preorder then as well.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the final makeup details of the ravello obscura boot? hooks vs eyelets? storm welt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads