• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Keith. Is a storm welt the same as a reverse welt? I would prefer the ravello cap toe with a flat welt.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what the reverse/storm welt looks like for reference.

I too would prefer a flat welt.

Thanks so much KG for going to all this effort. Fingers crossed, Alden acknowledges the order quicker than 4-5 months. But I am obviously not getting my hopes up. I hope everyone pipes up soon, so the order can be finalized. Much appreciated.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer flat welt too although I could live with storm.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol nah nothing can be worse than that debacle ... and its just shell cordovan looks so beautiful no matter what. i feel like even if they messed up, i would still love hah

I also think that none of us have the expectation that Alden will produce these boots in less than 9 months, so by that time we will have forgotten about the flat vs. storm welt. We will be just excited to get our hands on the boots. Dayton was a fiasco of epic proportions. Alden's QC concerns pale in comparison.

KG, I think the flat welt has received overwhelming support, so I would go ahead and have Steven submit the order whenever you have a chance. Thanks again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads