• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if there's an archive of drops somewhere? Seems like drop 7 to 9 are on the website, but looking for the really early stuff.

There's this link for everything on the website but I don't remember what was in each drop:

If by really early drops you're talking about the first 5 or so they're likely all long gone. Antonio had a holiday sale in 2018 or 2019 to get rid of old stock and he donated the remainder to Housing Works earlier this year. They still have the black vest in medium last time I checked. There was lots of fleece and some block print tees from the 1st drop.

It looks like stuff from recent drops that didn't sell well is taken down and sold in store now. It might be worth calling if you're looking for something specific. I got the Helly jacket that way and the sold out online patchwork Goreckis.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's this link for everything on the website but I don't remember what was in each droo:

If by really early drops you're talking about the first 5 drops or so they're likely all long gone. Antonio had a holiday sale in 2018 or 2019 to get rid of old stock and he donated the remainder to Housing Works earlier this year. They still have the black vest in medium last time I checked. There was lots of fleece and some block print tees from the 1st drop.

It looks like stuff from recent drops that didn't sell well is taken down and sold in store now. It might be worth calling if you're looking for something specific. I got the Helly jacket that way and the sold out online patchwork Goreckis.

That vest is so dope. An insane deal at $35.

flashjack

Reaction score
It is spring my dudes

20210904_112459.jpg

Attachments

• 20210904_112116.jpg
    20210904_112116.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 98

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone washed their hand-loomed Sam yet? The tag was machine wash cold, tumble dry low, but I'm wondering if there was any noticeable shrinkage or change in the fabric?

Mine is a little scratchy if I wear it with a tee, not a big deal, but wondering if it might soften up in the wash.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Has anyone washed their hand-loomed Sam yet? The tag was machine wash cold, tumble dry low, but I'm wondering if there was any noticeable shrinkage or change in the fabric?

Mine is a little scratchy if I wear it with a tee, not a big deal, but wondering if it might soften up in the wash.

So funny, I was just thinking about posting about this!

I cold-washed and air dryed, the latter of which took for-ev-er. I popped it in the dryer at low heat for about ten minutes to get the final drying done. My assessment is that I wouldn't say it shrunk, but it did tighten up a bit if you will. Reminds me a bit of how the goreckis will pucker and will wear like they have shrunk but, unless you actually do shrink them with a hot dry, it's more that the fabric puckers and wrinkles than the threads actually shrinking.

In my case, this was a welcome development for the Sam. It was a bit more jacket and less shirt-jacket due to the volume, but now it drapes a lot better on my body and is more shirt-jacket. In terms of length shrinkage, I'd say ever so slightly in the arms and length but more in the centimeter sense than the inch sense. Again, I think it's more about the fabric wrinkling/tightening rather than true shrinkage.

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I cold-washed and air dryed, the latter of which took for-ev-er. I popped it in the dryer at low heat for about ten minutes to get the final drying done. My assessment is that I wouldn't say it shrunk, but it did tighten up a bit if you will. Reminds me a bit of how the goreckis will pucker and will wear like they have shrunk but, unless you actually do shrink them with a hot dry, it's more that the fabric puckers and wrinkles than the threads actually shrinking.

In my case, this was a welcome development for the Sam. It was a bit more jacket and less shirt-jacket due to the volume, but now it drapes a lot better on my body and is more shirt-jacket. In terms of length shrinkage, I'd say ever so slightly in the arms and length but more in the centimeter sense than the inch sense. Again, I think it's more about the fabric wrinkling/tightening rather than true shrinkage.
Much appreciated!

barongrim

Reaction score

Let's see that fitpic!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SophieKihm456