• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might be interested in Monitaly depending on how warm it wears? Probably much more substantial than say a VISVIM caravan jacket? I just want to wear over a T and jeans with boots.

Also... any uhh combat boot type variants from Buttero or elsewhere on the horizon?

Last edited:

AdidaSuit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My apologies in advance if this question has been asked before.
How does the Rota trousers fit compared to Formosa trousers? Slimmer?

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
I'm greedily eyeing the eidos ulster jacket in 38, but some earilier posts have me worried I might be too short for it. Is 5'8.5" enough for it to fit?

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My apologies in advance if this question has been asked before.
How does the Rota trousers fit compared to Formosa trousers? Slimmer? 
Much slimmer in my experience. Size 48 Formosa pants have quite a bit of extra room for me, the same size Eidos pants were very tight around my knees and calves

AdidaSuit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Much slimmer in my experience. Size 48 Formosa pants have quite a bit of extra room for me, the same size Eidos pants were very tight around my knees and calves

That's how it is with my size 50 Formosa trousers, roomy around the thighs. I am considering getting them tapered. I guess Rota in a 50 should be okay if they are slimmer.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's how it is with my size 50 Formosa trousers, roomy around the thighs. I am considering getting them tapered. I guess Rota in a 50 should be okay if they are slimmer.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were comparing to Eidos. There isn't a huge difference b/w Formosa and Eidos pants in my experience, Rota are a little slimmer.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ its not... its a mid grey.. you can wear that any tie. It's 13 oz, but assuming you have AC inside, you'd be fine.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AdidaSuit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The very definition of a 3 or 4-season cloth

If I am Formosa 50R, would Rota 50 most likely fit me the best? I just want to be careful since I cannot return it. But I won't hold you to it. If it doesn't work out, I will just get alteration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads