• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@gdl203
 What's the difference between Eidos R and Short - length and sleeves only?  Around 2cm each?

Thanks.

Measurements table show 52R and 52L

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Calabrese change their tie widths? The ties on the site show as 8.5 cm but the one i bought in December 2015 seems much thinner.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Everything is 8.5 cm. Untipped ties can feel narrower because the tie is a bit more conical and less flat than a tipped tie, but the width starts the same

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Against Kyle's advice I slept in my Big Johns. Looks like that's the end of these sheets.

So what size did you end up going with out of interest?

And the Big John talk has led me to dig my pair out... Not that much to look at really... No sick fadz. Though I think I do see something happening on one of the knees.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought a 33. After two evenings of wearing them just around my apartment the legs have softened up and stretched considerably. The waist still needs a bit of work, which is typical for me because I have disproportionally skinny legs for my waist size. I'm hoping that the legs don't stretch much more, but as Greg pointed out if they aren't stressed as much they will stretch less. I'm leaning on that for now. Actually it might make me look more proportioned now that I think about it.

The only thing I don't like is the leather patch on the back that stands out like a billboard. I think I might try and dye it black.

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"disproportionally skinny legs for my waist size"

That's got to be the most elegant way to circumvent saying 'I'm fat', I've ever heard. LOL.
Don't get me wrong, same applies to me at the end of this winter.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last day for Eidos pre-orders

EIDOS FW17 PRE-ORDERS

All pre-orders are listed on this page - I am not linking individual swatches here, in the interest of time
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html?makersinfo=220

As usual, use code PREORDER at checkout for your pre-order discount

PART 1 : FIELD JACKETS

This coat needs no introduction, it's the fantastic field jacket designed by Antonio, that can work easily from a pretty cool look over a suit or sport coat, down to a casual jeans and sweater look.

Most of the fabrics we chose were not sampled so you will have to use your imagination when looking at the swatches

Note that all the jackets will have tonal buttons - no high contrast button colors.

Fabric options:

Field Jacket Size chart

based on this current fall field jackets (a little shorter and trimmer than previous generations) and measured by us

PART 2 : HUNTING JACKET

By popular demand, Eidos's interpretation of the Maremma jacket, a classic of Florentine outerwear - made up in a charcoal Japanese pin corduroy fabric

Hunting Jacket Size chart

PART 3 : SUITS

This is an opportunity to pre-order your size (including unusual or shorts and longs) in the fabric you like, BUT ALSO to pick the style of trousers you want for your suit ( "NMWA" flat front, medium-rise; "Sal" flat front, high rise, side tabs; or "Lorenzo" double pleats, high rise, side tabs).

Trousers Styles

^ "NMWA"

^ "Sal"

^ "Lorenzo"

Fabric options:

Additional options for suit listed below in sport coats and trousers as it will be sold as separates

Suit "NMWA" Model Size chart

PART 4 : SPORT COATS

NMWA model, patch pockets

Fabric options:

c

Sport Coat "NMWA" Model Size chart

PART 5 : TROUSERS

All of our odd Eidos trousers are "Sal" style (flat front, high rise, side tabs)

Fabric options:

Sal sizing:

PART 6 : OVERCOATS

All in the Palermo single-breasted style (wider arc lapels), except for the camel color alpaca/wool which will be in Ulster style

Down-filled parka

ORDERS CLOSE ON FRIDAY 2/17 @ MIDNIGHT E.T.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I bought a 33. After two evenings of wearing them just around my apartment the legs have softened up and stretched considerably. The waist still needs a bit of work, which is typical for me because I have disproportionally skinny legs for my waist size. I'm hoping that the legs don't stretch much more, but as Greg pointed out if they aren't stressed as much they will stretch less. I'm leaning on that for now. Actually it might make me look more proportioned now that I think about it.

The only thing I don't like is the leather patch on the back that stands out like a billboard. I think I might try and dye it black.

So you were right about the size you needed then as I recall. That's good.

Fabric definitely softens up nicely with wear.

It's funny, if I have one complaint about Big John it's the selvedge detail on the coin pocket. It's one of those things that seems unnecessary to me. Similar feeling about that as you have about the patch I guess. I do like the patch leather (better than jeans that have to put a super thick piece back there), but it is most definitely not tonal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics