• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Iyor

Reaction score

Gentlemen. Your opinion please. Besides grey, which Rota pair(if any) would you go with to wear with this casual sport jacket. It is 100% linen. Would the petrol blue wool/silk/linen clash? I know blue with blue doesn't work but it appears that the petrol is a different/funky kind of blue..... Can(should) you wear any type of wool trousers(not smooth) with a linen or even cotton SC? I currently have the oatmeal linen Rotas but I don't know if they go with the above SC. Thank you.
Seersucker. Speaking of which, how does the cotton/linen compare to regular cotton?

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seersucker. Speaking of which, how does the cotton/linen compare to regular cotton?
According to the preorder text it should rumple!!

The linen content adds a little bit of that streaking in the fabric that is typical of cotton/linen mixes. I think that the main difference is that it is not woven like a traditional seersucker and the puckering and rumpling really happens only after the garment is washed. The swatch itself (pre-wash) isn't puckered - but the end result is.

Iyor

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering the high rise, but I noticed on the sample photo that it has the little loop to hold a belt in place, can that be removed by a tailor?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If any of you are on the fence about the higher waist with side tabs...get them! I ordered two pairs last Spring at the trunk show and they are fantastic. Even my tailor was raving about the fit of the top block.

I got the dark cotton khaki twill and twill wool in dark grey, the same as these. I'm now set for F/W. But man those seersucker sure look great.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering the high rise, but I noticed on the sample photo that it has the little loop to hold a belt in place, can that be removed by a tailor?

Yes that would take any tailor 2 minutes

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was JUST about to ask this on another thread. NMWA to the rescue 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

You can do it yourself with a seam ripper in about 4 minutes. Like Greg alluded, there's nothing to it....find the stitches and remove them.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair of stamped suede butteros in 43 (I'm a size 10 US) and the width is fine but the length makes me think I should've sized down. Did I just make a noob mistake or is this just how they fit?

I'm a similar size, tried a 42, which was too small - caveat I have a wide foot

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro-tip for wearers of the Sublime paper hats: Periodically roll 'em up and put them in the cardboard tube in which they were shipped, it 're-weirds' the brim.

Also, keep the cardboard tube as makes an excellent carrying case for when you want to pack the hat in your bag for a trip.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thumbs-up.gif

And for those who prefer to un-weird the brim, leave your hat flat on a table for a day or two

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there instructions on how to fold the sublime straw hat back into the red band? I worry I'm crushing the hat every time I try it. :lookaround:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads