• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are STRONG sick my duck (shouts to Andre 3000 and any who can name that song) vibes to the lapels, and I am not hating one bit…
Note: not the tie of choice with the jacket. Wrapped an interview early and got a tad excitable…
79E3352C-CC21-478B-80B7-A5C5AD8CF058.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are STRONG sick my duck (shouts to Andre 3000 and any who can name that song) vibes to the lapels, and I am not hating one bit…
Note: not the tie of choice with the jacket. Wrapped an interview early and got a tad excitable…
View attachment 1749264
I was looking forward to seeing this put in the soporific rotation!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Carrara, and this may be a stupid question, but how well visually do the flap hip pockets tuck in to “become” jetted on suit jackets? Some makers (Ring jacket in particular) are really seamless on the dual purpose front, but others just wind up looking like you stuffed extra fabric in there.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Oh boy. Might have to join @Newcomer into trying to rationalize two full-length shearlings

A1490EF2-F541-409D-BF6C-51A17BCD2584.jpeg 40094F4C-265E-4030-9085-8B5A1AFF25F8.jpeg 9291C143-A7F3-4974-9EE1-956B8C6D3096.jpeg

conqueror

Reaction score
Weird. How different are they exactly? I obviously don't try or measure every shirt but my experience with all the XLs I've had over they years has been consistent enough that I never really had to think about it.

the main variance seems to be in the body: particularly pit to pit and the body length, whereas the sleeves are pretty consistent with the four i own. i'm happy with and expect some minimal variance as they aren't mass-produced h&m or anything, but if one fits like a smaller M (i.e. too small) and another fits like a larger L (i.e. too big) then something is off. as i said, they're all tagged L and i'm 186cm/84kg for reference. the 'bleekers' i have is probably the best fitting of them all, with the teca in cinnamon not far behind.

I've found their sizing to be pretty consistent across the board, but I think I know what you mean. Some styles vary slightly in length and body width (the camp collar flannel and short sleeve shirts are a bit wider, for example), but that is by design. In this case, going with your usual size is recommended. Some fit a bit longer, some a bit shorter (the heavier cord shirts seem to be a bit shorter, at least on my torso), but again, within range of their "standard" sizing. I've found that, generally speaking, I can stick with XL and they'll fit pretty well. In some cases, I found the fit out of the range of what I'll wear/what I like, but PF shirts are usually very easy to wear and size, if not overthinking it.

i know what you mean, and again, i would expect some variance across seasons and fabrics etc. i feel two tecas from the same season should be almost mirror each other exactly in sizing at this price, though. perhaps i've just had a few duds.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just curious what kind of variance are we talking about here - couple cm or a couple inches? How many shirts are way off like that?

It’s possible you got a shirt that was mistagged but I have to say it’s not feedback we often (ever) hear on the PF shirts, so I wouldn’t conclude that it’s a common or recurring issue.

conqueror

Reaction score
I’m just curious what kind of variance are we talking about here - couple cm or a couple inches? How many shirts are way off like that?

It’s possible you got a shirt that was mistagged but I have to say it’s not feedback we often (ever) hear on the PF shirts, so I wouldn’t conclude that it’s a common or recurring issue.
1-2cm in some instances (okay) and 4-6cm (not so okay) with others. i'm not at all suggesting this is a common problem with PF and knowing me i've just had bad luck with a couple. as you suggest, perhaps some are mistagged.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads