• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rough week.

How are y’all doing? Really

I just want to say thank you for your support.

The next few weeks are going to be much more difficult than the last couple. Hang in there. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and how you feel. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need help or just want to chat. Here or on slack

take care of yourselves this weekend and enjoy the (close and continued) company of your loved ones.

Honestly, it's been rough. I live in Washington state and, as you guys know, we've had a high infection and death toll. The numbers here are far, far worse than what people are hearing. There are a lot of people sick in my city and beyond. My wife and I have been sick for over a week now, feeling pretty crummy, and we can't get tested. We spoke to our doctor and were told that until we're hospitalized and in critical condition, we won't get tested. Thank God we're both pretty young and in relatively good health. But, I know at least four people who are currently infected (I suspect there are quite a few more), and a dear friend died from the virus yesterday. He was 90 years old, but an important person in my family's life. Things have been crazy.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it's been rough. I live in Washington state and, as you guys know, we've had a high infection and death toll. The numbers here are far, far worse than what people are hearing. There are a lot of people sick in my city and beyond. My wife and I have been sick for over a week now, feeling pretty crummy, and we can't get tested. We spoke to our doctor and were told that until we're hospitalized and in critical condition, we won't get tested. Thank God we're both pretty young and in relatively good health. But, I know at least four people who are currently infected (I suspect there are quite a few more), and a dear friend died from the virus yesterday. He was 90 years old, but an important person in my family's life. Things have been crazy.

hope you guys feel better soon!

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We need a hug emote, so I gave you a thumb as the closest choice.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rough week.

How are y’all doing? Really

I just want to say thank you for your support.

The next few weeks are going to be much more difficult than the last couple. Hang in there. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and how you feel. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need help or just want to chat. Here or on slack

take care of yourselves this weekend and enjoy the (close and continued) company of your loved ones.

Things are not great. My wife is an ER doc in the Bay Area. She said yesterday that they have about 5 days worth of masks left. The CDC is recommending as a last resort to use bandanas and scarves (wtf is that). Some ERs admins are telling docs not to use whatever equipment they can find on their own like those giant masks because it’ll “cause alarm” (please try to actually stop an ER doc from seeing patients right now and see what happens).
I spent a few hours yesterday going around my neighborhood collecting spare N95 masks or P100 masks to use as a last resort. We’ve also ordered effing hepa vacuum bags to make masks from because there are no masks available online.

My ask is that if you have anything that could be helpful like n95 masks, surgical masks, booties, gowns for whatever reason (construction, dentist, painter, tattoo artist, survivalist (i see you on insta posting those fit pics you know who you are) etc.) to please reach out to your local hospital to see if they want it. Better yet to reach out to a healthcare worker you know on the front lines and ask them directly. Their answer might be different. They are not getting tested unless they show symptoms. They have a family at home they cannot socially distance from and they have patients (maybe you or someone you know) they have to see.

I’m in Walnut Creek, CA if you are nearby.
Also thanks for the thoughtful donations NMWA team, might pick up a piece or two.

Thanks,
Daniel

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like many of you, I am angry at the fecklessness of our country's leadership and anxious about what the future holds. I am very fortunate in that my immediate family and I are healthy (knock on wood) and that as a Fed lawyer, my job is secure. My heart goes out to all those in more dire circumstances, particularly folks in the hospitality industry who are getting slammed right now. There are a lot of bars and restaurants that will cease to exist when this mess is over. Now is the time for all of us with the means to do so to put our money where our mouth is and support small businesses that we want to see on the other side.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just heard from Michele Rota. Their workshop has been closed for weeks now but they are reopening next week to produce masks to donate to hospitals and doctors.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just heard from Michele Rota. Their workshop has been closed for weeks now but they are reopening next week to produce masks to donate to hospitals and doctors.

Next time I wear my Rota trousers it will be with even more pride.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dibs on the brown glenplaid tropical wool one ?

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it but what is the sizing like on the INIS meain belts.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it but what is the sizing like on the INIS meain belts.
I bought the belt from 18 East. I am a 32" waist and took a medium. It fits well.

OuterHeaven

Reaction score
1808CCE8-22EF-4CBC-B2C2-F1B135C904BD.jpeg

Niche army shirt jacket

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads