• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
I also picked up the Forestiere. I’m between a 42 and 44 in a lot of Drake’s outerwear (though more reliably a 44) and I took the 42. Still plenty of room on me. They offered to hem the sleeves at the shop but I’m enjoying wearing them cuffed for now. It adds a little extra heft that benefits the drape, in my opinion. It’s a great spring jacket!

justinpledger

Reaction score
It's not necessarily a sleeper hit as it's selling out very fast indeed! I found that when I tried it on at Savile Row, however, that I had to size up and not take TTS and definitely not to size down. As @csm88 said, the linen is significantly less hefty that other line chores that I've tried. I was slightly disappointed in fact at how much less hefty. The sizing of these jackets is so subjective though. My TTS fit fine, but the design, the colour of the ecru, the lightweight feel and so on all made it look a little...odd when worn TTS. It just didn't flow very well. If that makes sense? I'm usually a 38. The 42 actually wore well but was slouchier than I feel comfortable with but I could've gotten away with it. One size up was a good middle ground. I think this definitely looks better oversized on me at least!

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Glad to hear! I have a green duck canvas chore, and opted for the heavy twill for this one and don’t regret it.
How do you feel your canvas fits compared to the twill?

I have green canvas as well and it’s super stiff. Wondering if it breaks in over time?

csm88

Reaction score
How do you feel your canvas fits compared to the twill?

I have green canvas as well and it’s super stiff. Wondering if it breaks in over time?
No noticeable difference in the fit. The cotton twill is softer from the get go though. My canvas one is 3+ years old now and is well worn in. It breaks in for sure.

woO

Reaction score
I'm usually a 38. The 42 actually wore well
This is so confusing… usually I'm 36 for linen chores and 38 for winter ones, but the ssense model whose chest is 37" is indeed wearing a 42 😵‍💫

the linen is significantly less hefty that other linen chores
I have the Seatown from 2022 which was also much thinner (almost transparent), if it's comparable I can't see myself wearing it two sizes up…

dr2a1b-22008-01-500-1_lr.jpg

Oh Drake's sizing 😩

Last edited:

justinpledger

Reaction score
This is so confusing… usually I'm 36 for linen chores and 38 for winter ones, but the ssense model whose chest is 37" is indeed wearing a 42 😵‍💫

I have the Seatown from 2022 which was also much thinner (almost transparent), if it's comparable I can't see myself wearing it two sizes up…

View attachment 2154873

Oh Drake's sizing 😩
It may be that I've put on some weight! I mean, the TTS 38 was fine - it just looked fitted. Which for this particular chore didn't really suit the look. The 42 was super big but actually kinda worked. Maybe my post was misleading! You'd be fine TTS or one size up with the Forestiere for sure.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What jeans do people buy now to achieve that Drakes style now? I don’t see any jeans online much at drakes.com in indigo or blue.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spreading the word for those in NYC.

Curious if any NYC (or adjacent) folks are planning to check this Market out??

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Full Count 0105
Orslow 105
Natalino
Blackhorse Lane
Thanks! I checked all those except Full Count.

I also looked at 3sixteen 101x classic straight cut but it's currently out of stock.

Rubato seems like the only alternative...hem is ideal at 21cm or over. Natalino would be good, but only 20cm.

Orslow still seems too slim and low rise.

Blackhorse Lane I feel is a bit too wide at close to 22-23cm.

How big of a difference is it from 8.5" to 9-10" hem, visually that is. I suppose the latter hangs cleaner.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I checked all those except Full Count.

I also looked at 3sixteen 101x classic straight cut but it's currently out of stock.

Rubato seems like the only alternative...hem is ideal at 21cm or over. Natalino would be good, but only 20cm.

Orslow still seems too slim and low rise.

Blackhorse Lane I feel is a bit too wide at close to 22-23cm.

How big of a difference is it from 8.5" to 9-10" hem, visually that is. I suppose the latter hangs cleaner.
So you are looking for a 21cm - 22cm hem? I was confused by that.

I'm 5'10" and 9" hem is the absolute widest I'd probably go myself. Anything after that tends to be too much for me. I have the Full Count and quite enjoy the rise and hem, but I also have large thighs and that's one of the only pairs where I actually have some excess in the thighs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads