• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spreading the word for those in NYC.

csm88

Reaction score
Received some new spring outerwear today. Picked up the navy heavy twill cotton chore and forestière jacket. Excited to break these in soon!
IMG_8933.jpeg

Treble

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this jacket is from this weeks 'Revue'?

Looks like MkII 'Cotton Canvas' in white / ecru but that isn't currently available. I wear the blue one a lot so would probably pick this up. They do a denim one at the moment but it's actually a pretty heavy / thick piece.

1711189918469.png

nachobarro

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this jacket is from this weeks 'Revue'?

Looks like MkII 'Cotton Canvas' in white / ecru but that isn't currently available. I wear the blue one a lot so would probably pick this up. They do a denim one at the moment but it's actually a pretty heavy / thick piece.

View attachment 2154195

Looks like a Cotton Canvas or Cotton/Linen Mk. II in Ecru. Should be available in the next weeks, along with the seersucker games suits and all the other garments that appeared on the Hong Kong editorial.

BTW, following the sizing issues that I had recently, support told me that Drake's trousers are measured folded like this:

1711197980981.png

Kind of weird to measure pants like that, I don't know if the measurements would be more accurate doing it that way.

He told me that he was going to forward to the Design Team the photos that I took of the pants and blazer since the size chart is way off on their website. It's not going to change anything but one can only hope...

csm88

Reaction score
So, how does the Forestiere size? like the linen ones, like the fall/winter ones, differently?
Chest measurement was a bit bigger than what is listed on Drake’s website for a size 42, but otherwise accurate. I got the forestière from Ssense though, who despite all their other nonsense actually take proper measurements. The forestière is 100% linen and is slightly less hefty than the linen chores (from what I remember trying one on last year). I would echo @htinlinn ’s comment above about sticking true to size. I could have sized down, but linen isn’t supposed to fit snug. The jacket’s meant to have a slouchy fit. After working at home in it for an afternoon, the jacket quickly found its shape (lapel developed a nice roll, sleeves sat nicely - if that makes sense).

espen

Reaction score
The more I see and hear about this jacket the more I think it might be a sleeper hit.
Chest measurement was a bit bigger than what is listed on Drake’s website for a size 42, but otherwise accurate. I got the forestière from Ssense though, who despite all their other nonsense actually take proper measurements. The forestière is 100% linen and is slightly less hefty than the linen chores (from what I remember trying one on last year). I would echo @htinlinn ’s comment above about sticking true to size. I could have sized down, but linen isn’t supposed to fit snug. The jacket’s meant to have a slouchy fit. After working at home in it for an afternoon, the jacket quickly found its shape (lapel developed a nice roll, sleeves sat nicely - if that makes sense).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads