• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ikoiko

Reaction score
What jeans do people buy now to achieve that Drakes style now? I don’t see any jeans online much at drakes.com in indigo or blue.
  • I'll always recommend Warehouse & Co.
  • I've heard great things about Resolute.
  • Certain vintage Levi's and LVC
  • Orslow is good if you don't mind the lower rise. Over the years I've found myself trading in my 105s/107s for the above.

astrobuoy

Reaction score
  • I'll always recommend Warehouse & Co.
  • I've heard great things about Resolute.
  • Certain vintage Levi's and LVC
  • Orslow is good if you don't mind the lower rise. Over the years I've found myself trading in my 105s/107s for the above.
Curious, what cut(s) of the Warehouse would you recommend? I'm curious about the 800xx

Also, I don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but Trunk Tailors in
Australia look to have the earlier Drake's dark (non-washed) denim in stock, the 14.6oz Made in England ones before they moved manufacturing to Portugal. I just ordered a pair in my size and even with shipping to NYC it came out much cheaper than Drake's current pricing (I think in line with how their denim used to be priced, ~$350 USD): https://www.trunktailors.com/shop/p/drakes-indigo-selvedge-denim

ikoiko

Reaction score
Curious, what cut(s) of the Warehouse would you recommend? I'm curious about the 800xx

Also, I don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but Trunk Tailors in
Australia look to have the earlier Drake's dark (non-washed) denim in stock, the 14.6oz Made in England ones before they moved manufacturing to Portugal. I just ordered a pair in my size and even with shipping to NYC it came out much cheaper than Drake's current pricing (I think in line with how their denim used to be priced, ~$350 USD): https://www.trunktailors.com/shop/p/drakes-indigo-selvedge-denim
Honestly, I'm of the opinion that you can't go wrong with any of them, they're just so great. The 1101 / 1105 is the classic "Ivy Style" but the inseam is very short. Some outlets like Clutch Cafe or Armoury have worked with them to produce longer inseams that you can find on the secondary market.

This isn't what you're looking for, but these "1910 netmaker's" they did with John Gluckow are just so, so cool and one of the most interesting pairs of denim I have.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For now, I've narrowed it down to these:
  1. Drakes denim from Trunk Tailors (if return/exchange will be a pain to ship back to AU. Vanity sized?)
  2. Warehouse 1101 (Blue Owl, waist seems huge though...vanity sized?)
  3. Rubato (ideal hem width but rise may be too short)
  4. Blackhorse Lane (rise also tad short)
  5. IRON HEART 888S from Self Edge

It's been a decade plus since I wore raw denim :confused2:😬 haha

Appreciate all the options shared

astrobuoy

Reaction score
  1. Drakes denim from Trunk Tailors (if return/exchange will be a pain to ship back to AU. Vanity sized?)

Not sure what size you are, but Gentlemen's Footwear out of San Diego has three washes of the Drake's denim (of the newer Made in Portugal version), with certain sizes in stock. They've got a 15% off sale of Drake's (code DRAKES15). In case that helps!

espen

Reaction score

Just do the Drake’s denim. Be it the Made in England or Portugal, I don’t think it’s worth getting too in the weeds about the difference.

Warehouse and Iron Heart will probably look a bit too workwear-y in comparison to what drew you to the Drakes denim.

billscoresby

Reaction score
I have a sizing question regarding the waxed coverall. For those who own both, how would the sizing compare to a Barbour Beaufort? I wear a size 42 Beaufort but am not sure how it translates. Thanks!

Trevallon

Reaction score
Navy heavy twill chore today. Mood: slouchy.

IMG_8322 Groß.jpeg

henrip

Reaction score
I wore some Iron Heart 888's this weekend with a Drake's flannel OCBD and rust chore. I quite liked the look. Gotta do the work yourself with a pair from them though. No washes like some of the others I mentioned
Iron Hearts are great. I’ve got 888s and 1955. 1955 has a really nice high rise. The quality is also absolutely fantastic. Only thing I dislike is the back pocket archs but those were easy to remove.

Last edited:

henrip

Reaction score

At least the Fullcount’s denim is super comfortable and soft right from the start. Iron Hearts you’ll have to break in a bit.

My opinion is that you’ll get a better quality and more interesting denim from some of the ”real” denim brands than from the Drake’s

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least the Fullcount’s denim is super comfortable and soft right from the start. Iron Hearts you’ll have to break in a bit.

My opinion is that you’ll get a better quality and more interesting denim from some of the ”real” denim brands than from the Drake’s
Agreed, 100%. They also do different washes if that's what you are looking for

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads