• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Italian Travel Thread

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this thread last night; finished this morning. I had hoped to see a little Naples information. I've never been to Italy and in February we will spend five days in Naples.

Wife wants to visit Pompeii and I will be happy eating pizza for five days. But I'm sure there are other things we should see. I won't drive but am happy using public transport. Any thoughts?

Pompeii is ~2/3rds of the way towards Sorrento from Napoli on the Circumvesuviana commuter rail system. They have some alternative branding for some tourist trains on that route, but they may be seasonal, and I don't think it really gets you much.

https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/549

Caserta is a doable day trip from Napoli, but I am not sure it would be my pick for February as a chunk of the appeal is walking around the gardens.

MANN, the archeological museum in Napoli, is my #1 pick -> https://mann-napoli.it/

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will be in Florence in January with my wife. We have been there before but are looking for an interesting tour for one afternoon/early evening. Has anyone had fairly recent experience with a food and wine tour or perhaps a city tour that they can recommend? Very small group or private tour would be preferred.

JamesInLondon

Reaction score
Will be in Florence in January with my wife. We have been there before but are looking for an interesting tour for one afternoon/early evening. Has anyone had fairly recent experience with a food and wine tour or perhaps a city tour that they can recommend? Very small group or private tour would be preferred.
I can recommend a private tour of the Vasari corridor - it runs from a discreet door in the Uffizi across the top of the Ponte Vecchio to the Pitti Palace, it gives you amazing vistas and a chance to walk in the footsteps of the Medicis.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can recommend a private tour of the Vasari corridor - it runs from a discreet door in the Uffizi across the top of the Ponte Vecchio to the Pitti Palace, it gives you amazing vistas and a chance to walk in the footsteps of the Medicis.

Great suggestion! Thank you.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bottom picture in an Irish pub of all things in the Piazza del Duomo if memory serves. Just to remind one that when in Rome (Florence actually) doesn’t always have to apply lol. There’s a great Mexican restaurant in Florence also, over near the Montebello Splendid hotel by the way. Top one, Ponte Vecchio from a great vantage point; wife likely thinking is he still taking pictures lol

IMG_3392.jpeg

IMG_3389.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads