• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

royal618

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
. Those wanting a sleeker look will be pleased with the Turnout in yearling leather (if you choose a narrow width).

Am I just a blind old man..? I couldn't find the Turnout.

Vang

Reaction score
I assume that if they have anything, they'll probably have the Craftsman? Either way, worth a look.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The store has plenty of Craftsmans (Craftsmen?). It's worth going in even if only to check one's size. But the prices are much higher than at any of the web sites listed in this thread.

petng

Reaction score
Sator

How does the kangaroo leather wear? I have 2 boots made in the yearling leather and was not impressed with them. The leather creases too easily and also peels away like an orange skin if it gets nicked or scratched. I love the style, comfort and construcion of them, but their yearing leather really lets them down.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by petng
Sator

How does the kangaroo leather wear? I have 2 boots made in the yearling leather and was not impressed with them. The leather creases too easily and also peels away like an orange skin if it gets nicked or scratched. I love the style, comfort and construcion of them, but their yearing leather really lets them down.

Kangaroo leather has a reputation for being as tough as nails.

I've fortunately never had this problem with the yearling leather.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sator: Perhaps the best, most informative thread of the year. Thank you for taking your time to educate us. But damn you because now I really want a pair of Williams boots and it's going to put me in more debt and it's all your fault.
smile.gif

Just a question, do you use the Craftsman in Kangaroo with suits? Or is it not quite dressy enough for that?

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Sator: Perhaps the best, most informative thread of the year. Thank you for taking your time to educate us. But damn you because now I really want a pair of Williams boots and it's going to put me in more debt and it's all your fault.
smile.gif

Just a question, do you use the Craftsman in Kangaroo with suits? Or is it not quite dressy enough for that?

Interesting question that one about wearing Chelsea boots with a suit. It is quite common here in Sydney. Beau Brummell wore equestrian boots when in full dress and Chelseas boots are equestrian boots.

I think the chestnut kangaroo leather looks very dressy. It has a really nice rich colour - even nicer than the yearling. If you wear brown shoes with suits then this would look pretty sharp. The most polished and dressiest looking leather in their catalogue is easily the black French veal calf. The black kangaroo looks much grainier.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It would be great if we could get some good shots of broken-in RMW boots. Point me if there are some already.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It would be great if we could get some good shots of broken-in RMW boots. Point me if there are some already.

Hi J. Glad you liked the post.

Here are a couple of older threads that have good pics (including some of my own):

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=16721

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18409

It's interesting that they can hold their own sitting side by side with a pair of Vass chukka boots. As you can see, you can just about wear them with anything.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the great post. I have two pairs of RMWs. They are by far my favorite boots - mostly because they fit my narrow, flat feet really well. I have a pair of chestnut Yearling Yard boots (nailed rubber soul, round toe) which are great with jeans and pair of the sleeker dark tan suede Craftsman boots (which I also wear with jeans but they look good with narrow trousers as well). Now, of course, I'll have to get a pair in Kangaroo, too.
smile.gif

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
Does RM Williams charge more for MTO, and if so, how much?

I've got an email into Steve asking about Simpsons in Kangaroo which I'm assuming would have to be MTO. We'll see what he says.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
I've got an email into Steve asking about Simpsons in Kangaroo which I'm assuming would have to be MTO. We'll see what he says.

Watch out! The Simpson is made on a tricky last. It only comes as a G fit and fits like an AE 'EE' width. It looks more attractive in the photos on their website than it does in real life. If only they would make it on the chisel toe B543 last, their medium B529 last or their B555 narrow medium last...
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads