• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A quick comparison on the pricing of the yearling Craftsman from the three online merchants that have come up in this thread:

Nungar.com.au: $230AUD + $50AUD shipping = $280 AUD or approx. $211 U.S. (Just got an e-mail confirming the shipping.)

Bootsonline.com.au: $275AUD + $50AUD shipping = $325AUD or $245 U.S.

Aussiebushhats.com.au: $240AUD + $36AUD shipping = $276AUD or $208 U.S.

(Thought it might be handy to have the pricing all in one place -- I was having trouble keeping it straight.)

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
A quick comparison on the pricing of the yearling Craftsman from the three online merchants that have come up in this thread:

Nungar.com.au: $230AUD + $50AUD shipping = $280 AUD or approx. $211 U.S. (Just got an e-mail confirming the shipping.)

(Thought it might be handy to have the pricing all in one place -- I was having trouble keeping it straight.)

Thanks Doc. I think I will look for the kangaroo leather ones myself.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the catalog pages bookmarked:

Nungar: $240AUD, or $180
Bootsonline: $295AUD, or $222 U.S.
Aussie: $270AUD, or $202 U.S.

Plus the shipping, of course.

Sounds like there will now be two people wearing 38R Corneliani and size 10 RM Williams Craftsman boots
alien.gif

Vang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
The store has plenty of Craftsmans (Craftsmen?). It's worth going in even if only to check one's size. But the prices are much higher than at any of the web sites listed in this thread.
Oh, I realize that, I'm only going to see what size I want to order them in.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were they hiding these boots?
nod[1].gif

PLEASE NOTE: The following message may contain information about gifts to be delivered from Orvis.com. If you share this email address with someone else and have not recently placed an order with Orvis.com please do not continue reading. We do not want to spoil a surprise!

Orvis is pleased to inform you that the following items have shipped:

Shipped By:

Carrier Tracking Number Date
US MAIL 09/18/2006

Shipping To:

Me

Items Shipped:

Item# Description Shipped Price
87T4-2397 R M Williams Craftsman Boot 1 174.99
Size:11.5
Color
biggrin.gif
ARK BROWN

This shipment completes your order.

Shipment Summary:

Merchandise: 174.99
Other: .00
Freight: 12.95
Tax: 11.28
Less Allowances: 10.00
Less Gift Certificates: .00
Total: 189.22

* Freight is charged one time for the entire order, regardless of any additional shipments on your order that may be necessary.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Were they hiding these boots?
nod[1].gif

PLEASE NOTE: The following message may contain information about gifts to be delivered from Orvis.com. If you share this email address with someone else and have not recently placed an order with Orvis.com please do not continue reading. We do not want to spoil a surprise!

Orvis is pleased to inform you that the following items have shipped:

Shipped By:

Carrier Tracking Number Date
US MAIL 09/18/2006

Shipping To:

Me

Items Shipped:

Item# Description Shipped Price
87T4-2397 R M Williams Craftsman Boot 1 174.99
Size:11.5
Color
biggrin.gif
ARK BROWN

This shipment completes your order.

Shipment Summary:

Merchandise: 174.99
Other: .00
Freight: 12.95
Tax: 11.28
Less Allowances: 10.00
Less Gift Certificates: .00
Total: 189.22

* Freight is charged one time for the entire order, regardless of any additional shipments on your order that may be necessary.

Yes, I've been checking the Orvis website periodically in hopes someone returns a size 12D, but without any luck.
frown.gif

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following a request to clarify my over detailed explanation of sizing at AAAC I have updated the sizing section. Please read them carefully and let me know if it is sufficiently clear. Otherwise I will revise it again. Thanks guys.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Considering Ben Silver prices these at $425 before tax or shipping (http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=4066&group=1), those are some exceptional prices.

Carey

Reaction score
Thank you for your very detailed post. I have been lusting over these for several years. This year I want to get a pair of chestnut Craftsman with the chisled toe (B543).

I have a pair of Blundstones that I knock-around in, but the RM Williams have so much more style. Your post gives me the impetus to go ahead.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orvis still has size 11.5 Craftsman Yearling Chestnut boots in stock for $175 +shipping/tax. You can follow the link I put on the Ankle Boot Appreciation thread.

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Could you all help me. I wear a 10.5 medium wide boot,(American). What size would I order?
Thanks, I want to make sure I order the right size.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Houndstooth
Could you all help me. I wear a 10.5 medium wide boot,(American). What size would I order?
Thanks, I want to make sure I order the right size.

Does anyone here wear US 10.5D?

If you get no replies my suggestion would be to go for RMW 9.5G (G=medium width). It is if nothing else safe. Do you own any shoes by Loakes? If not try a pair on at a store eg at Charles Tyrwhitt. Your RMW size is your Loakes UK size (keeping in mind that a Loakes medium width is called 'F"). I have used Loakes as a standard because they run true to UK size and are easy to find. I have used AE as a standard for similar reasons.

If the Loakes feel like they are too wide/narrow then consider going up or down a width in the RMW size.

My post on sizes/widths is probably over-detailed (hence my recent revision), - I know - but I hope this helps.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify... if you were to make a comparison, what American or English brand would the RM Williams Chelseas be comparable to solely in terms of construction? AE? C&J handgrade? EG?

I ask because your guide seems to say AE, but other posts seem to say almost EG or Lobb.

Otherwise, kangaroo leather is intriguing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads