• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lace-ups, Brogues, shiny leather shoes, etc.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
no, but that girl looks like a drug addict.

Yea thats Sienna Miller
but damn Jude Law dresses well...I think hes the best dressed celebrity..

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigskydream
What did the Corben do to deserve the bird? Please enlighten me. I can always send them back.

yup. polo tried to pass them off as EG's for $325. nearly everybody bought them. hilarity ensued when these shoes showed up.

i nearly pissed my pants rolling on the floor laughing as it went down.

you can read the blow-by-blow at:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=20728

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigskydream
Any other opinions on the overall look of these shoes?

They're ok. There's just nothing about them that would make me part with $160. I actually think those would look better as a black shoe, and used in a minimalist type of outfit where it's understated-ness would be an appeal. I think brown shoes get *too* much love around this forum, not that I don't like brown shoes as I own more brown than black, but there are times and looks that just call for a good simple black shoe, which yours could fill that role, if it were black.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I think brown shoes get *too* much love around this forum, not that I don't like brown shoes as I own more brown than black, but there are times and looks that just call for a good simple black shoe, which yours could fill that role, if it were black.

very true about brown getting too much love here. today, i am wearing black lexingtons, and black always looks reputable.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Also, I have done some things to keep my shoes looking less conservative. I don't put them in shoe trees, I rarely polish them (but when I do, I use odd colors of polish, like green, blue, purple, red, etc.), and I sometimes crease them and wipe bits of bleach on them too.

No shoe trees is a must for more beat-up shoes, but I suggest using some old newspapers or something after each wear just to absorb the moisture. By the way nice idea on the purple polish, I'll get on that, got any results you want to post?

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
That looks almost exactly like my AE Colton.
Yes, they're the Sanford, eBayed for $60 in "just right for jeans" condition, from the much-reviled Allen Edmonds. I feared to utter AE's name lest I sully my own on this forum.
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Those Corbens might look cool with a navy polish applied. I have a pair of chelseas in a similar shade of brown that I took navy polish too and it gave the brown more depth, and i liked the slight blue-ish hue that occured. another pair of browns I took red polish and it turned into a very nice red cognac shade, and nothing like the original brown it started out as.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
I feared to utter AE's name lest I sully my own on this forum.
smile.gif

one of my fave dress shoes w/jeans is the AE dryden. I started off getting the brandy ones, liked them so much I got them in black, and the black ones are currently in my top 5 rotation.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
one of my fave dress shoes w/jeans is the AE dryden. I started off getting the brandy ones, liked them so much I got them in black, and the black ones are currently in my top 5 rotation.
Do you think a lot of balmorals are appropriate with jeans or is there something special about the Drydens?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Do you think a lot of balmorals are appropriate with jeans or is there something special about the Drydens?

I like that the Dryden has a taller toe box than normal, with a very subtle squared off toe (without being a "squaretoe"). The medallion is simple and the perforated captoe is a unique touch. It's one of 3 AEs that I like (Broadstreet and Shelton the other 2), mostly not a fan of the brand.

But generally I think bals can look awkward with jeans (prefer derbies)

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want/need these shoes to wear with jeans...

http://www.bluebee.com/product_displ...1379&pn=1&st=0

Does anyone know (Get Smart, Rye, etc) where I can find these cheaper? Is there a blue bee discount code around somewhere? I've been having dreams about these lately and need help ;-)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
I want/need these shoes to wear with jeans...

http://www.bluebee.com/product_displ...1379&pn=1&st=0

Does anyone know (Get Smart, Rye, etc) where I can find these cheaper? Is there a blue bee discount code around somewhere? I've been having dreams about these lately and need help ;-)

I'll see if they have em at the PS store when I'm there on saturday. If so, I'll get the model name and you could probably call my SA and get her to ship them to you when they start their 40% sale next weekend. If they have em I'll shoot you a PM, if not, then not

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ thanks, I appreciate it tremendously. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omegablogger
Jeffrey West do some "wild but just about get away with as smart" shoes.

If you're in LA/SoCal, the Duncan Quinn store on Melrose sells Jeffrey West shoes (I don't remember if they're rebadged as "DQ" or left as "JW" , but they have a fairly wide range instore)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christine Burns