• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave

Reaction score
Hear this: J'Ville outlet will be offering 2 for $250 on closeouts weekend of August 1-4. Only applies to closeouts. Awesome deal!

What is the email address here and are closeouts labeled on the size list?

OptoDoc

Reaction score
tietherope, you looking Suede or Brown Calf?

After reviewing fitting advice in this thread, I think I should go with an 8.5D. There is only one of these available and it is in Suede.

Now the question is... would I rather have an unlined suede chukka with a leather sole (Amok) or a lined suede chukka with a rubber sole (Malvern)?

Last edited:

pudman43

Reaction score
Finally found myself a nice pair of merlot McAllister on eBay - very pleased! J (sorry for crappy iPhone pic, this was after a quick wipedown, and coat of AE merlot polish, then buff)

AdamAdam

Reaction score
Put an Elgin on hold while I decide on the rest. May end up with the Larchmont too.

Did you size down on the Elgin? It's been talked about on this thread before but I found them to run a little larger than calf versions on the same last. I went with the same size in the Elgin as in McAllister and the Elgin are definitely a little looser. I can get away with it because the McAllister are a little snug. For me anyway, I think I'd size down 1/2 on the Elgin but keep the width.

tietherope

Reaction score

tietherope, you looking Suede or Brown Calf?

The calf would be the better option for me, but it's only showing the suede in my size.

Did you size down on the Elgin? It's been talked about on this thread before but I found them to run a little larger than calf versions on the same last. I went with the same size in the Elgin as in McAllister and the Elgin are definitely a little looser. I can get away with it because the McAllister are a little snug. For me anyway, I think I'd size down 1/2 on the Elgin but keep the width.

I put my regular size on hold because it was the easiest, then I went to see if the same sizing rules applied to the Elgin as the McTavish I researched last week (1/2 size down as mentioned). Thank you for the comparison as I have a pair of McAllisters and they are a touch big. I'll see if they have a half size down.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have now passed the 12 week mark of wait for my MTO's...Anyone else waited that long or am I the lucky winner?

Fabian43

Reaction score
Did you get them from Hitchnpost? I too am looking for merlot Mcallisters. Not sure about sizing. How'd they run for you?

pudman43

Reaction score

Did you get them from Hitchnpost? I too am looking for merlot Mcallisters. Not sure about sizing. How'd they run for you?
Good guess Fabian! Yes, love those guys, I've had a couple pairs from them so far. Very happy! J

pudman43

Reaction score

Ooops, missed your sizing question -- they fit exact same as my Dk Brown and Walnut Strands, and my Black PA's J

Fabian43

Reaction score
Can any McGraw owners please comment on fit and how the shoe has worn over time? Thinking of getting a pair in walnut. Also thinking of picking up a pair in chocolate suede.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Kenwood Loafer? Specifically the Burgundy Cordovan.

I am having a terrible time fitting into loafers with the normal last and am thinking a "hand sewn" last would be better.

In the 5 last I wear 11.5D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads