• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the first generation Yves Black Fade. The first gen is definitely better than the second generation black fade. Jump on the first gen if you can find it. Second generation is just an inferior derivative. JMTCWIYDMTI

Yes the original Black Fade is so much better, I have the Dealan.

Would like to get the Kobo as well (I have it in Rootbeer and Noir), but it's a pretty hopeless wish.

Screenshot (1701).png

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
If what is new is indeed only the name then JMM is getting pretty f'ing ridiculous.
slate isn’t typical black btw - slate is like a marble black white, but it’s subtle and not obnoxious. A top 5 color for me - I’d get the molino if they were a tad wider

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slate isn’t typical black btw - slate is like a marble black white, but it’s subtle and not obnoxious. A top 5 color for me - I’d get the molino if they were a tad wider

I am with you on slate. We're talking about the colorway "New Black" though.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
I am with you on slate. We're talking about the colorway "New Black" though.

Oh I see. Yeah, new black is supposed to be orange.

I guess they decided they reached too many black numbered editions where now they need to start again

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have only a frame in Rover, the Challenger, as I was concerned the colour could look too bright. In fact it appears much more subdued in reality under natural light and even more so on the skin. I wouldn't say it's among my favourite colourways, as I clearly prefer more muted tones like Army and Volvox, but I like it and plan to add other frames.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
I have only a frame in Rover, the Challenger, as I was concerned the colour could look too bright. In fact it appears much more subdued in reality under natural light and even more so on the skin. I wouldn't say it's among my favourite colourways, as I clearly prefer more muted tones like Army and Volvox, but I like it and plan to add other frames.
Rover to me is kind of a blah color. You’re right in that it isn’t as bright as it appears under product photography light, but that bottle green with heavy yellow undertones (almost shamrock green) isn’t the most sophisticated color.

I think it had a novelty effect, but now that almost every model has gotten a rover I think it’s appeal is fading. There was a time when people were reselling rover models almost instantly and now it seems like interest is drying up. I just sold a rover hemmings at a big loss and it’s (1) a hemmings which are already in high demand and (2) a model of only 100.

In the end of the day, it’s not the worst color, but to people untrained in the art of jmm collecting, it’s one of the less visually appealing colors.

that said, I also have it on the challenger and it works best there as it’s not nearly as chunky and lacks the bright gold sides.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Topic that just hit me— How does everyone feel that JMM is becoming more prominent not just on celebrities but featured more and more in shows and movies now? I mean i for one enjoyed “my” (lol) little niche brand before it started blowing up. Felt really connected and cool with fellow JMM community… like it was OUR thing. And also well it kinda blows for certain frames that have not been obtained yet, because now if its on a show or movie the prices on the secondary market shoot up. Lets say for example, i have seen Hemmings on ebay/grailed/ect for $400-800 depending on color here and there and now after The Gentlemen good luck finding any hemmings color for under $1500… it sucks because whats the next “HOT” frame gonna be and will it be the one you want?! Because then demand will grow due to exposure…

Anyhoo. Just a thought that came through my head at the moment

I felt the same way when my fav local metal band (Metallica) started to get famous in the early 80s. They were everywhere (I was born in the late-80s).

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All good man, I always appreciate honesty on SF.

I'm curious as to why us men are so averse to bold, extravagant frames on here?

All I can think of is gender norms, and women being stereotyped as the more "fashionable" sex.

I think these will be awesome for you!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the original Black Fade is so much better, I have the Dealan.

Would like to get the Kobo as well (I have it in Rootbeer and Noir), but it's a pretty hopeless wish.

View attachment 2179839

Is this another photo taken from the FB thread?

Can you please stop reposting photos from a facebook group in here without the user's permission? While there is no expectation of privacy because these are both public forums, it's generally accepted that the photos won't be spread around the internet willy nilly. You posting these people's private photos without their consent is exactly why people choose not to participate and add to the conversation with personal photos...yourself being a primary example. It's also just really creepy.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this another photo taken from the FB thread?

Can you please stop reposting photos from a facebook group in here without the user's permission? While there is no expectation of privacy because these are both public forums, it's generally accepted that the photos won't be spread around the internet willy nilly. You posting these people's private photos without their consent is exactly why people choose not to participate and add to the conversation with personal photos...yourself being a primary example. It's also just really creepy.

I don't post any private pictures. If the poster shares them, here, on Facebook or Instagram, it's pretty obvious he has nothing against a further publishing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33