• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.5 D should not be wider than 10 D, it should be narrower, I would suggest try another pair of 9.5 and 10, as there are small variances on how each pairs of shoes made.

I agree with you, however I tried on my pair of 10 D (5 last) Strands which are too long and skinny for me it seems, then went straight to the store and tried on 9.5 D strands (5 last as well) and they fit better with no side tightness.  Is it possible my foot sits better in the shoe, further forward, placing more of my foot in the wider portion, making it seem like they are wider?  I agree they aren't actually wider, but the side tightness wasn't there.

My other pair of 10 D strands fit well.  If anything they are a half size too big, but the side tightness isn't an issue and I have to keep them anyway because I wore them too much. 

I have exactly 1" of toe room (end of big toe measured to the end of the cap) in the 10 D strands, but the ball of my foot is across the largest part of the shoe so I think it's OK even though it seems a tad long.

Why is buying shoes so hard? haha.

The end of your toes will never be at the end of the shoe, unless your feet is super strange, as long as the ball of the feet is good, then not much pinching and slippery, the fit should be ok.

tietherope

Reaction score

Another example of great service from AE.

I was unable to figure out what colour the Amoks on the seconds list were as they are called mocha and brogue suede, while in the catalog they were called snuff suede and bitter chocolate. So Kelsey at the Jeffersonville outlet grabbed the boots, took some pictures, and sent them off to me. Top notch service.

Now just the hard part of deciding between the tan, brogue, and snuff suede.

Last edited:

epc2

Reaction score
First pair of AE ,black Maccallisters,was undecided between these or PA's.

What do you think about the lacing and fit around heel, these are 9.5EE.

Thanks.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These aren't seconds are they? 6pm.com site?

Trying to think of reasons not to buy a Sanford...other than I already have a black dress blucher...

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the Promontory Boots like I am, I got a response from customer service with a description of the new B34 last. Here it is. I'm still not sure whether to order my true Brannock measured size or size down though.

ElDave

Reaction score
The Promontory looks like it's just a Wolverine boot in a different leather, with all eyelets and an AE tag. Try a 1000 mile boot for reference.

Upward

Reaction score
First pair of AE ,black Maccallisters,was undecided between these or PA's.

What do you think about the lacing and fit around heel, these are 9.5EE.

Thanks.
Beautiful!!!

What pants are you wearing? The black and grey looks very good.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Second MTO landed this week... Fairfax in cappuccino shell. The Fairfax was what started my love affair with AE as I saw it in a few men's magazines (in chestnut/walnut) and even on a billboard or two near the higher end shopping centers in town. I knew that those were big boy shoes and that one day I would make them mine. When Paul made the MTO offer, even for discontinued models, the Fairfax immediately came to mind as a must have in a rare shell color. As with the cappuccino shell Fifths, these were FLAWLESS right out of the box. I have been reading that there have been a lot of rejects in the MTO make ups as of late but assure you it is well worth the wait for the perfect pair. Last MTO should be landing middle to late next month. Getting very close to having a complete collection... until the new fall line of boots comes out of course.
omg those are amazing. i am so jelly. i had no idea discounted models were included!! congrats!

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
Has anybody purchased a wallet from AE? If so, can you comment on the quality vs price (about $110)?

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
I just bought some walnut Daltons, and am waiting for them to arrive. I am wondering if anyone has used Obenauf's LP on their walnut boots before? (possible color change?) I am wondering what kind of protection I should use on them. They aren't intended to be "beaters", but I plan on wearing the hell out of them. Any suggestions?

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell is a very durable material, just don't get them wet. Honestly a brush and the occasional reno treatment will be all you need. The mac method has the reputation it does for good reason, that being it really works. I have adopted a less is more approach with shell. Good luck I ordered my shell daltons last month and love them so far.

Last edited:

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Shell is a very durable material, just don't get them wet. Honestly a brush and the occasional reno treatment will be all you need. The mac method has the reputation it does for good reason, that being it really works. I have adopted a less is more approach with shell. Good luck I ordered my shell daltons last month and love them so far.

Thank you for the advice, and glad to hear that you love your dalton, I expect I will as well. My Daltons however, are Walnut Calf (wish they were shell, but not in the funds). Any advice for the calf version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads