• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zimmerli

trajan

Reaction score
Where do you find Zimmerli underwear in New York? Are people happy with Zimmerli? What are the similar brands?

thanks,

--trajan

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
yeah, but they only take internet orders.

--trajan

Maybe if you talked real nice to Alex, he'd let you see it in the flesh!
smile.gif

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
yeah, but they only take internet orders. --trajan
If you speak to him really nicely.... he will let you speak to him in the suite he books in New York city almost every Wednesday evening at the Regency Hotel located at 540 Park ave. This is the summer season so I would guess he scales back the frequency of the visits, best to write and book ahead.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hanro and zimmerli are on the same level, to me. The biggest problem with these undershirts is that......once you wear one, you have a HARD time going back to regular undershirts from any other brand! they are damned good undershirts which have a trim but not tight fit, and they are the most comfortable around in my book-- especially with a kiton or borrelli shirt.

Bergdorf Goodman carries hanro, and might also have zimmerli. whichever you buy, be sure to open the box and feel the neckline. hanro, for example, makes one line with a more comfortable neck seam-- the other is a tighter, thicker cotton shirt and has a less comfortable neckline. you'll see what i mean when you open a box.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Zimmerli is available at H. Herzfeld, 57th, between Park and Lex.

trajan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
hanro and zimmerli are on the same level, to me. The biggest problem with these undershirts is that......once you wear one, you have a HARD time going back to regular undershirts from any other brand! they are damned good undershirts which have a trim but not tight fit, and they are the most comfortable around in my book-- especially with a kiton or borrelli shirt.

Bergdorf Goodman carries hanro, and might also have zimmerli. whichever you buy, be sure to open the box and feel the neckline. hanro, for example, makes one line with a more comfortable neck seam-- the other is a tighter, thicker cotton shirt and has a less comfortable neckline. you'll see what i mean when you open a box.

cool. I'll go check it out. thanks,

--trajan

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also available at Venanzi. 56th & Fifth

I think Zimmerli is a notch or two above Hanro on fit, qualty of cotton and durability/longevity.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't think hanro to be in the same league as zimmerli but a notch down as noted above

schiesser is a close second to zimmerli and i actually prefer some schiesser product to zimmerli as i get similar quality and fit for a better price

minimal

Reaction score
I'm going to disagree with the previous posters, which in itself may be useful: my Hanro undergarments are far better than my Zimmerli. HOWEVER: I've gotten my Zimmerli from STP on discount, though I'm not sure why that matters.

My Hanro undershirts are just amazing, slightly thicker than my Zimmerli yet just as breathable, soft but not weak.

So your milage may vary.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Also available at Venanzi. 56th & Fifth

I think Zimmerli is a notch or two above Hanro on fit, qualty of cotton and durability/longevity.

From recent experience would change this comment. Prefer Hanro to Zimmerli for same reasons as the previous comments

lexmann

Reaction score
I wear both Zimmerli and Hanro and I prefer Hanro. The waistband of Zimmerli is irritating. Recently I found Derek Rose is even better ( I mean their 100% mercerised cotton briefs). Their waistband is the best (wrapped by the same material of the brief).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads