• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score
No, the rolls are not stitched. I need them down to the heels to match other stuff. 3 rolls best for them to stay up. Twice in this case for my length preference but they get uneven. All depends really how narrow the hems are.

PS. someone just bidded 62k yen to win a non Runway AW07 Knit Insert Blazer..... If it's someone here then congrats and please show a pic in a few weeks' time. Well, he beat my pitiful low bid, I'm pleased that Rex was beaten too lol.

wireartists

Reaction score
rex will still deny he buys from y!

i might be very lousy, never managed to have wool gabardine stay in place for more than 5 minutes :confused: too bad because 98% of my pants are wool gabardine 100

xeraphim

Reaction score
PS. someone just bidded 62k yen to win a non Runway AW07 Knit Insert Blazer..... If it's someone here then congrats and please show a pic in a few weeks' time. Well, he beat my pitiful low bid, I'm pleased that Rex was beaten too lol.

the SS09 don't do that suit was up for grabs as well, hopefully it went to someone here.

Watashidake

Reaction score

Out of interest, would anyone more knowledgable about Yohji than me be able to tell me what season this jacket is from?
Any pictures of it on the runway as well would very much be appreciated

TroubIe

Reaction score
Well the sizing is numerical, and while I'm not exactly sure what year the change was made from S/M/L I am guessing it should be in the last 10 or so years.

Sorry, not much of a help but it's a start :p

davidlee388

Reaction score

Out of interest, would anyone more knowledgable about Yohji than me be able to tell me what season this jacket is from? Any pictures of it on the runway as well would very much be appreciated
95% sure it's from YYPH AW03, 50% sure if it's a Runway piece you'll see it in brown. I'm nowhere near my PC to help you with any pictures. I personally will haggle the usd 550 price. Good luck :)

davidlee388

Reaction score
Winter = Layering

YYPH SS10 Fedora Hat - ( **-H03-965 ) - black, 100% polypropylene mesh
YYPH AW08 Look 4 Navy DB Handstitched Blazer ( HE-J35-111 ) 64/36 wool/cotton, size 3.
YYPH AW08 Look 1 Tartan Blazer ( HE-D08-125 ) - 70/14/13/3 wool/acrylic/polyester/nylon blend, feels like thin wool scarf fabric, size 2.
Y's for men AW08 Drawstring Pants ( ME-P52-074 ) - 100% interlocked cotton, size 2
Y's for men AW07 Ankle Boots - ( MX-A40-740 )
SS Tee.

Shopping, can't believe Xmas in a few weeks....

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 95/5 wool/nylon.
YYPH AW09 Zipped Cardigan ( HZ-K32-953 ) - 61/21/18 wool/nylon/alpaca blend, multi-coloured, size 3.
Y's for men SS99 Knit Jumper ( MC-K16-186 ) - in black, chunky 80/10/10 cotton/wool/cashmere blend, size 3.
YYPH SS10 Studio Collection Look 3 Cuffed Pants ( **-P12-008 ) - black 100% dry hand cotton, size 2.
SS Tee, CDGH+ belt, Pataugas ankle boots.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

StevenE

Reaction score

I just impulse bought these after stumbling across them on ebay for under £50. The seller was very light on detail (and in German, so I had to rely on Google Translate), and so I was wondering if anyone knew where to place them, collection-wise? I'd be interested in tracking down a runway shot so I can tell if the rolled cuffs are part of the design or the choice of a previous owner.

When they arrive I should have a fabric code, which should help. The seller lists the size as small, and if I infer from this that the label bears an S it helps date it.

They look very slim, but I think they're probably a fair bit bigger than they look in the photo, especially on someone with my frame.

I'm excited to see them, and it seemed not much of a risk when they're on offer for such a bizarrely reasonable price.

Last edited:

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^david never sells anything (unfortunately!!) :eek:

parker that's an amazing outfit like a lumberjack samurai lol

forgot to x-post this , though it's not entirely a yy outfit

coat *** cape , cuffs clasped

Junya/CDG navy boiled wool pie porker
CDGH+ AW06 black boiled wool oversized, a relic from Atelier's past.
Y's oatmeal acrylic/rayon/cotton blend, heavy but very breathable due to loose knitting
White shirt that fits loosely
Y's black wool gabardine, similar cut to the ss13 balloon trousers with drawstrings at the hems
Moma

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great stuff!

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A fit that spans at least 11 years. I didn't know what to call it. Thanks goodness I drink my 2% milk because these are some heavy wools to be carrying around.

CAP: SS12 Damir Doma wool/linen/cotton
SCARF: Faliero Sarti cashmere/silk
CARDIGAN: YYPH AW01 wool (weighs 2kg)
KURTA: cotton and foreign
TROUSERS: YYPH AW01 knit trousers
BOOTS: Docs 1460
WHITE SHIRT: YYPH, actually can't figure out season but it's HD-B34-025 , cotton sz3 but massive
SHORTS: The rayon lining from the knit trousers that doubles as loungewear

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads