• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

repp_fink

Reaction score

i like both the more casual look and the rugged military look. price is not the important point as long as they really fit me well.

i tried dr martens on yesterday but the model i tried on was too tight. but i liked the look. unfortunately they are not that easy to get where i live. just 1 model available.
i have about 7 pair y3s and they are the shoes i wear most when i wear yohji but i like this military rugged look too.

i will try out the moma shoes. i like the look. pataugas are nice too. have to find some shops. thank you.

@ parker. funny. yesterday when i tried the doc marten i saw some palladium and thought they could fit. :)

thanx guys. if anyone have other recommendations. :)

As a guy with EEE-width feet, I sympathize.

Some thoughts on other footwear complementary to the YY "look" :

If you like the look of the Docs but need more width, I suggest taking a look at the Grinders brand of boots, which are similar in style and price point but have a wider standard fit and roomier toebox (also, a seriously sturdier construction). I can never fit Docs, but Grinders are perfect.
Here's their 8-eyelet model : http://www.grinders.co.uk/store/Baron.html
and one of the 10-eyelet models : http://www.grinders.co.uk/store/Bulldog.html
They also make a lower shoe which is quite nice : http://www.grinders.co.uk/store/Regent.html

Palladiums have very weird fit variations, in my experience. I have 2 pairs of the exact same model in two different colorways. While one pair fit spot-on out of the box, I had to take the innersoles out of the other pair, and even then they're still snug. Go figure.

I noticed that you found Red Wings to generally be too narrow and tough to break-in. You might want to take a look at Wolverine boots. I've had good experiences with those, and I believe they offer wider widths in more models.

esox

Reaction score
As a guy with EEE-width feet, I sympathize.
Some thoughts on other footwear complementary to the YY "look" :
If you like the look of the Docs but need more width, I suggest taking a look at the Grinders brand of boots, which are similar in style and price point but have a wider standard fit and roomier toebox (also, a seriously sturdier construction). I can never fit Docs, but Grinders are perfect.
Here's their 8-eyelet model : http://www.grinders.co.uk/store/Baron.html
and one of the 10-eyelet models : http://www.grinders.co.uk/store/Bulldog.html
They also make a lower shoe which is quite nice : http://www.grinders.co.uk/store/Regent.html
Palladiums have very weird fit variations, in my experience. I have 2 pairs of the exact same model in two different colorways. While one pair fit spot-on out of the box, I had to take the innersoles out of the other pair, and even then they're still snug. Go figure.
I noticed that you found Red Wings to generally be too narrow and tough to break-in. You might want to take a look at Wolverine boots. I've had good experiences with those, and I believe they offer wider widths in more models.

thank you very much!

i did a quick google search but cant find a shop that stock grinders. is it internet only?

i was serching for moma shoes and found in the shop shoto shoes wich have a quit wide cut. http://www.shotoshoes.com/
a bit more expensive but nice shoes i think.

wolverine 1000 miles lookes nice too. :)

repp_fink

Reaction score

thank you very much!

i did a quick google search but cant find a shop that stock grinders. is it internet only?

i was serching for moma shoes and found in the shop shoto shoes wich have a quit wide cut. http://www.shotoshoes.com/
a bit more expensive but nice shoes i think.

wolverine 1000 miles lookes nice too. :)

There are physical stores which stock Grinders (at least, I've bought them at now-defunct brick-and-mortar stores) so they are out there. I don't believe they have their own stores, though.

Anyway, I may be getting off-topic for this thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. ;)

dantebykiko

Reaction score

ss02 waistpocket pants. lovely trousers but i'm so broke at the moment, need to sell some of my fav pieces, so i can survive. if someone interested please let me know...

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could you post measurements?
I think a 4 would probably be pushing it for me, but I want that jacket so bad
inlove.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

davidlee388

Reaction score

YYPH AW10 Random Seam Cardigan - ( HC-K44-192 ) - non-Runway piece, 75/18/7 wool/mohair/nylon fabric, soft and loosely knitted. Size 3, over-sized, long silhouette. 5B closure, collarless with distressed, unfinished cuffs. Random raised seams throughout body and sleeves, bottom left " pouch ".

YYPH SS11 Look 36 LS Long Polo Shirt - ( HO-T50-079 ) - 100% pique cotton in purple. Size 3, very long and over-sized fit, cuffless sleeves, long placket with 5B closure to a soft polo collar. " Bird " motif below left collar, side slits/cutouts by waist allow access to pants' pockets. This piece gives a sense of liberation. Quite superb in motion.

YYPH AW04 Zipper Pants ( **-P12-100 ) -100% wool gabardine, size 3, adjustable waist via buttons on both sides, foldable zipped hems allow for a cropped look.

Y's AW06 Suede/Canvas Hi-top Sneakers, CDG H+ belt.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
figured i could ask your opinion while i have your attention (anyone in this thread too!)

the all-black docs are sold out, luck mr david and Auburn seem to have gotten some already
how is this for an alternative, maybe a bit much but possible can be polished to an even darker color?!

or should i just go with the tried and true old skool docs with contrast stitch and sole, even features in the runway shot of the coat up there :) i really rather not have 2 docs, so just the one ...

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO the contrast stitch ones look a lot better, but it's really not difficult to just order a pair of normal docs and paint the stitching/soles black if you really wanted all black ones, probably cheaper too. I like those floral ones though, but I do have a thing for floral stuff
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the regular Doc sole (semi-translucent) better than the all-black opaque sole. But, I'd take a Sharpie to the yellow stitching. ;-)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GO WITH THE FLOWERS :devil:

its a bit cdgh-y

Last edited:

Magic1

Reaction score
this is a phenomenal thread that I greatly respect, but the footwear in here is some of the worst footwear in stores.

can I recommend a couple ideas?

first, some of the (simpler) ann demeulemeester shoes and boots fit with yohji very well. same with marsell, as illustrated by a fit pic posted a couple months ago in here. many guidi and ma+ shoes/boots would also work well. maison martin margiella (not the sneakers) could aslo work. of the dr. martens you've posted, they are all awful, sorry. how so many of you can appreciate the beauty of yohji and then find ugly shoes it with is beyond me.

these could also work:
http://www.aurevoiretmerci.com/boutique/en/homme/20-diet-butcher-slim-skin-derbies.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads