• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

gnu

Reaction score
Was in a Lucchese store this week, tried some things on - not for me. I’m not expert, but the boots just felt cheap. The toe shapes were…disappointing. The styling and materials…jarring.

I too am curious about Wythe boots, particularly the exclusive pair with Huckberry.
I had some Huckberry credit so I picked up the collab boot. It’s definitely nicer than my Tecovas. I like the shape and design of the boot a lot more too. It says on the box that it’s goatskin if that makes any difference.

I’ve never seen a pair of Lucchese but these are definitely a good looking boot that seems to be fairly well put together. At least as good as my Dad’s custom boots from the 70s. Was it worth the $500 over Tecovas? I’m not sure, but I think it’s close and this boot checked a lot of boxes for me without going custom. I’m pretty stoked on them. Will probably pick up the black calf skin boots too.

SocialSculptures

Reaction score
I had some Huckberry credit so I picked up the collab boot. It’s definitely nicer than my Tecovas. I like the shape and design of the boot a lot more too. It says on the box that it’s goatskin if that makes any difference.

I’ve never seen a pair of Lucchese but these are definitely a good looking boot that seems to be fairly well put together. At least as good as my Dad’s custom boots from the 70s. Was it worth the $500 over Tecovas? I’m not sure, but I think it’s close and this boot checked a lot of boxes for me without going custom. I’m pretty stoked on them. Will probably pick up the black calf skin boots too.
How's the sizing compared to other GYM makers that you have experience with?

billscoresby

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm wondering about people's experiences here with shrinkage in the OCBDs. The Medium would fit me perfectly except the shoulders are too narrow, whereas the Large shoulders are perfect but the rest of the shirt will be a little too full. I was thinking of buying a Large and shrinking it in the washer / dryer. Can anyone attest to the degree of shrinkage / lack thereof? Thanks!

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

karmaguy

Reaction score
picked up that new indigo sateen pearlsnap shirt and man...fabric is excellent. maybe my fav fabric wythe has used so far. feels substantial and sturdy without being heavy?

also snagged another tencel pearlsnap, the faded black one. i like it a lot more in person than in any of the photos i've seen of it...it's a "cool" faded black color, almost seems to have some blue in it?

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this stocked anywhere besides Wythe’s site?

I need an XL based on the size chart, but it’s sold out.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I must have missed this when it came out, but great looking shirt!

Reaction score

Just got confirmation that color is a wythe exclusive. No more unfortunately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads