• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

Donut

Reaction score
I love Wythe and the sweaters are nice but I must say that it would feel weird to purchase a Cowichan not from the indigenous from Cowichan. Perhaps its no different than buying a "shetland" sweater that's not made in Scotland. At this point its a design reference or type of sweater.

I know there has been some great discussions on this topic on this forum in the past but I haven't come up with a thoughtful or well-informed opinion yet. I've seen some solid points on each side.

I will admit that there might be a bias here as Cowichan Valley is local to me.

shortlefty

Reaction score
I love Wythe and the sweaters are nice but I must say that it would feel weird to purchase a Cowichan not from the indigenous from Cowichan. Perhaps its no different than buying a "shetland" sweater that's not made in Scotland. At this point its a design reference or type of sweater.

I know there has been some great discussions on this topic on this forum in the past but I haven't come up with a thoughtful or well-informed opinion yet. I've seen some solid points on each side.

I will admit that there might be a bias here as Cowichan Valley is local to me.

Maybe I am ignorant but wouldnt this be in the same vein as refusing to purchase sushi or support sushi restaurants that are not made in Japan or by Japanese people?

I also feel like your viewpoint will lead you to too many inconsistencies, unless you're only focused on clothes. But then again, you probably would have a hard time maintaining it, depending on how deep you want to go.

Octobab

Reaction score
Selling an Undyed Herringbone Workshirt in Small from S/S 21 if anyone's interested. I absolutely adore this shirt, but it just doesn't fit me anymore - would prefer to see it go to someone from this thread than a rando on grailed:

1000001340.jpg

LMK if you're interested, more photos etc available

oscarsgrouch

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with sizing on the raglan coats? Trying to figure out my size in the hope they restock. I'm a 40" chest/ 5"8 frame /165lbs (on a good day) and wondering if I should go with a Medium or a Small?

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with sizing on the raglan coats? Trying to figure out my size in the hope they restock. I'm a 40" chest/ 5"8 frame /165lbs (on a good day) and wondering if I should go with a Medium or a Small?
I’m 5’10” 170 42”

I’m usually a large and sized down to a medium on the raglan. It still fits a bit oversized but perfect IMO.

mariokart24

Reaction score
I'm same size / measurements. Tried the coats on in store. M is comically large, unwearable. S was also too big but could be done if you want the oversized look. XS was best fit but a bit too snug across chest & shoulders with layers. Unfortunately none fit well enough to warrant the $. Coats are amazing though

oscarsgrouch

Reaction score
I'm same size / measurements. Tried the coats on in store. M is comically large, unwearable. S was also too big but could be done if you want the oversized look. XS was best fit but a bit too snug across chest & shoulders with layers. Unfortunately none fit well enough to warrant the $. Coats are amazing though

Thanks for the responses guys. My fear was it might still be oversized at S... but I may give it a shot and see how it looks.

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score
wythe seems to switch manufacturers every season for the moleskin pearl-snap shirts. Hows the fit and fabric for this season (specifically, the olive colour) in comparison to previous?

amin

Reaction score
Does anyone own the Hunting Jacket? I can’t seem to find any fit pics of it. If anyone has come across any please let me know. Thanks in advance

jaaz16

Reaction score
If anyone is looking to move a white oxford in Medium (tagged 15.5, I believe), let me know! Looks sold out everywhere.

karmaguy

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea when SS24 will drop? I’m guessing huckberry first?

I don’t exactly remember but I saw some SS24 shirting preview last summer and it was some really beautiful indigo stuff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads