• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.tailorstore.com - anyone try ordering any of their $40 MTM shirts?

Chouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibson
Chouse, thanks for answering my question. I ordered one yesterday without the allow for shrinkage option, trusting my supreme laundry-skills.
wink.gif
My girlfriend measured my body, did some remeasuring to be sure.

Have any pictures of the fit?

As said shrinkage shouldn't be that bad... I'll take some pictures later this week. I actually have a second batch of shirts with minor adjustments coming in so I'll probably wait for them to arrive.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if tailorstore adjusts all fabrics the same amount for shrinkage? As others have said, some of the basic line fabrics seem to experience a decent amount of shrink. I have ordered a few shirts from their superior and exclusive fabrics and the shrink has been minimal. Do you think I should bump up my measurements a bit for a basic fabric purchase or will they build that in?

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
If I remember correctly there is an option towards the end of the creation process that you can check-mark to adjust the sizes for potential shrinkage. I haven't ever used it though so I'm not sure how much they adjust or how well it works.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLetterDay
If I remember correctly there is an option towards the end of the creation process that you can check-mark to adjust the sizes for potential shrinkage. I haven't ever used it though so I'm not sure how much they adjust or how well it works.

Right, that's my question - wondering if its a standard add x inches to your supplied measurements, or if those additional adjustments for shrinkage will vary based on the fabric you choose. I sent them an email but haven't heard back.

Gibson

Reaction score
All types of fabrics work different, so I'd think they'll adjust the measurements depending on the fabric. But to know for sure, I'd contact the customer service. They'll respond swiftly.

scot

Reaction score
I think much like jantzen or any of the other cheaper internet retailers the material is a bit of a crapshoot. I love my shirts from tailorstore and jantzen. Thing is, I like textured fabric and tailorstore seems to have very little of it, but what they have is decent in quality. The cut is exactly as I specify, though I wish they had a few more options on the cuts.

Other fabrics... hard to say. Pictures don't tell us everything (or anything really) in terms of quality and they are not out to market to the one percenters like us who want the best of the best of the best. I think if you honestly email them and explain what you are looking for they will probably direct you at the very small portion of their fabric library that will fit in to your desires.

Jantzen.. not a chance on email. They just don't respond that way. Call, go in or fax. Thats it.

If I ever get back to hong kong I will stop back in and buy some more shirts. Thats definitely the way to do it with them.

Bates

Reaction score
Hello, I ordered a shirt from tailorstore and got a good fit on the first try, so I'm going to order 2 more now, BUT I need your help with the design of the shirt!

Collarstyle: I guess cut away is the way to go? (Shirt to be worn with and without a suit)
Collar height: 2, 3, 4 or 4 cm?
Back pleats: in center, on sides or none?
Sleeve placket button: with or without?
Contrast button/hole thread: I am going to order one black shirt, and one white one.
For the black shirt I was thinking to use a dark gray thread, think that will look ok?
Button color: White button for white shirt, and black for black? or maybe a white shirt with black buttons would look nice?

Hope anyone can help out, thanks.

SykoFreak

Reaction score
I don't know if this option has always been there and I just never saw it, but under 9. Back Options, you can now add darts to a shirt. I didn't see darts as an option on Jantzen or Mytailor.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Yes they have just recently added back darts, as well as a more detailed measurement set. Previously it just included chest, waist, hips. In addition to those three, it now includes seat measurement, and height from shoulders to measured waist line, height to measured hip line, and height to measured seat line.

I have a shirt on order from a few days ago with the more detailed measurement set and back darts that the website shows is currently in production.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pitching in that I, too, ordered a shirt this evening from tailorstore.com (after visiting "my" tailor locally and learning that shirts through him are $120/ea, minimum order 4, and his team doesn't do them in-house). At 6'3", 156 lbs, and 37" arms, it'll be nice to have a shirt that's long enough without fitting like a tarp... any outstanding features of this shirt beyond that will be icing on the cake.

bc78

Reaction score
I just got back my first shirt. A white herringbone from the superior line. Overall I'm very happy with it. Though I'm curious to see how much of a drop off there is in the less expensive fabrics.

dinted voice

Reaction score
I just order my first shirt and with some minor alterations should have a spot on fit from here on out. I got a middle of the line fabric and it seems pretty good for the price, though the fit (IMO) makes it worth it. Hard for me to find a slim fitting shirt without taking it to a tailor, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads