• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.tailorstore.com - anyone try ordering any of their $40 MTM shirts?

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
Since then I've ordered another 5 shirts from them. I'm very pleased with what I get, but I do tend to stay with the heaviest fabrics they carry.

Same here, I've ordered a 4 or 5 shirts from them and my favorites are all pretty much the heaviest on the weight scale they have.

peterfranks

Reaction score
When did their prices jump? Every one's talking about 45-55 bucks for a shirt, but the cheapest one I saw was 80! Anything above the basic fabrics is 100+.

RyanM

Reaction score
here's my order, which they said just shipped today (copied from the order history page):

Shirt - New White Poplin
Fit: Mens slim fit Collar: Cut-away Soft High (5 cm) two buttons Sleeve/Cuff: Double button Soft (Rounded, Sleeve width: Extra narrow) Placket button: Without button Cut: Classic Back details: Back darts Placket: Without placket Button(+5.99 USD): Mother of pearl Pocket: No pocket Removable Collar Stays (+5.99 USD)

Current price:
56.93 USD

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple shirts form them and am happy. Their fabrics are very nice, but some seem a bit over priced. They are a good option, since when they say a shirt wil be ready in a couple weeks it is ready and shipped.

kever

Reaction score
I just picked up 3 shirts from there and am more than happy. I got most of the measurements right, and the shirts came out extremely consistent, and they fit well. My next orders will have only 2 measurements slightly different. I used measurements from my best fitting shirts, and they came out pretty much exactly the size that I asked for. For people with unusual body types (I'm very tall and fairly slim/athletic build), tailorstore is a great option. It is far less expensive than buying a shirt and having it tailored, and I'm happy with the quality.

monty10

Reaction score
Agreed. Copied the measurements with from my best fitting shirt and made some minor alterations. Gave the measurements in cm to be precise and the shirt measurements are all spot on. Would recommend the white oxford fabric for anyone wanting to try out- good quality and heavy fabric but relatively cheap!

Next order i need to lengthen sleeves slightly (my fault) and take the waist in very slightly. Anyone ordered the french cuffs? I hear its harder to attach these cuffs to the sleeve without twisting etc?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you specify the measurements for the shirt (rather than your own body measurements), does tailorstore tend to follow them well. I've heard about very slim guys sending in measurements to mytailor and other sites, asking for a slim fit, and ending up with something tent-like.

monty10

Reaction score
Yes, the measurements were faultless. I just chose the normal options rather than slim-style or slim sleeves since the shirt was already v.slim! Although I haven't yet ordered my second lot of shirts so maybe I'm not the best to comment on consistency etc.

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
When you specify the measurements for the shirt (rather than your own body measurements), does tailorstore tend to follow them well. I've heard about very slim guys sending in measurements to mytailor and other sites, asking for a slim fit, and ending up with something tent-like.
I took my own measurements for my first TailorStore shirt and the shirt was actually too fitted in many aspects. Had to add a few centimeters to a lot of the body measurements for my second and third shirts. *edit* Also just to mention, I chose the slim body type shirt and narrow sleeves options.

jasonsun

Reaction score
How long did i took for you folks to recieve the shirt from when they sent you the notification that it was shipped? Mine's been in transit for like 2 weeks and still nothing.

arduous1

Reaction score
order confirmation 1/5/09
shipment notice email 1/15/09
received delivery 1/26/09

3 weeks delivered to texas

SykoFreak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonsun
How long did i took for you folks to recieve the shirt from when they sent you the notification that it was shipped? Mine's been in transit for like 2 weeks and still nothing.
Placed order 12/30/08 Sent 01/15/09 Received in Austin, TX 01/26/09

jasonsun

Reaction score
Well, mine got shipped 1/8, yet to recieve it in NYC.............called visa and filed a dispute...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads