• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

wolf3142

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious color and sizing differences (41S/42S vs 41R/42R), can someone comment on the difference between these two Bella jackets? I was under the impression that all of the Bellas were similarly produced? The black coat is listed as
50% Cashmere 45% Wool 5% Linen, while the navy coat is listed as 95% Wool 5% Cashmere (Delfino). @eHaberdasher , can you provide some insight?

Black:
http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/bella-spalla-sport-coat-black-hopsack.html

Navy:
http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/bella-spalla-sport-coat-dark-navy-hopsack.html

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the two you're looking at are from the same run so they should be identical in terms of cut, sizing and design. The new run of Bella Spallas is a bit larger, longer and with lower buttoning point. As for fabric differences, they will always be there, different weaves and colors and compositions; that's the beauty of it.

scatterbrain

Reaction score

Good afternoon gents. After working my way through law school with some OTR crap from Macys, I am about to enter the big bad world of oh-god-I-better-impress-this-client lawyering work.

This made me chuckle... that's the exact thing that brought me to styleforum. I was graduating from law school, had no professionals in my family, and didn't want to embarrass the firm by dressing inappropriately.

Buying Benjamin suits in staples (solid navy, charcoal, mid or light grey) is a great idea. The suits will be appropriate for client meetings and court dates (if you're a litigator). The value is untouchable.

I would suggest not going too short with the jacket. It can make you look wide.traditional length is probably better for someone who is wider.

dls160

Reaction score
Ok when you post pictures of sample jackets like this it is just wrong to the rest of us who can't get our hands on items like this. You have got to offer this fabric! Please make one in a 41/42L or 43/44L. Can you provide closer pictures and details of the fabric?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What are your thoughts of wearing the grey fresco with the Zegna indigo? 

Any way to pre-order these, I'm thinking I need to navy hopsack too to go with the hopsack pant? 

Nice looking.  Is this a sample for the future or is this what the current MTO is going to be? -

Grey fresco is a no-brainer with the Zegna indigo imo.

No pre-orders, but there should be at least 7 or 8 pair in each size of the trousers - so you'll want to act somewhat quickly but ought to be fine.

Sample is for the future in which we are looking at both half canvas and FULL canvas (2 different factories). The one in the pic is half canvas but we've already sent it off to the full canvas factory as a model.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Good afternoon gents. After working my way through law school with some OTR crap from Macys, I am about to enter the big bad world of oh-god-I-better-impress-this-client lawyering work. None of my suits fit very well, I am considering scrapping the whole bunch.

After much research, I am landing on Benjamin as my suit of choice. I have found a local tailor with good reviews and who a buddy goes to who I will take my suit(s)? to. I am in the market for two suits, both for business, probably navy and charcoal. Prefer to spend $400-600 each, plus tailoring. This puts me square into the Benjamin camp, for the best quality in that price range. 

That said, I would love some recommendations. I have a stocky/athletic build (aka, used to be an athlete, now I have a belly) and I am 5'10 at about 215lbs. My chest is a 46 and waist is 38-40, depending on how good dinner was last night. With those measurements, I arrived at the Benjamin Nobile, which is for sale at ehaberdashers. I found the 45/46R sized Benjamin Nobile comes paired with 40.5W/35L trousers, which are probably a perfect pair. 

My question for you all is, which suit model of the Benjamin line is going to work best for a guy with a dad belly? I would prefer a suit with a shorter jacket and two vents, which I think the Nobile works. Is there another brand or line of the Benjamin that I am overlooking? Thank you very much!

I believe we may have responded to you via email already. If not please let us know and we will happily reply.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Aside from the obvious color and sizing differences (41S/42S vs 41R/42R), can someone comment on the difference between these two Bella jackets?  I was under the impression that all of the Bellas were similarly produced?  The black coat is listed as 
[COLOR=3E3D40]50% Cashmere 45% Wool 5% Linen, while the navy coat is listed as 95% Wool 5% Cashmere (Delfino).  @eHaberdasher
, can you provide some insight?[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=3E3D40]Black:[/COLOR]​
http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/bella-spalla-sport-coat-black-hopsack.html

[COLOR=3E3D40]Navy:[/COLOR]​
http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/bella-spalla-sport-coat-dark-navy-hopsack.html

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!

The black hopsack is actually from our first run and the proportions didn't quite work out exactly as we planned. The jacket is on the shorter side. Here's another instagram pic:

https://www.instagram.com/p/4RuIzDvgFh/?taken-by=e_haberdasher

I'm 5'10" and wearing a 37/38R in the pic for reference. The black hopsack is a much lighter weight. Probably about 270 grams whereas the navy is 300 grams. The navy is more correctly proportioned in the length, but for those who like a shorter jacket the black hopsack are a great value!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ok when you post pictures of sample jackets like this it is just wrong to the rest of us who can't get our hands on items like this. You have got to offer this fabric! Please make one in a 41/42L or 43/44L. Can you provide closer pictures and details of the fabric?

Sorry... to be honest I thought the fabric was pretty ugly and I personally would never choose it or even offer it as an option. If you must know details, the fabric is from Solbiati and is cotton/poliamide/wool/linen blend. I told them to just use any fabric for the sample and I assume they just grabbed whatever they had lying around.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to throw too much out there, but if you're looking at full canvas options, what about also looking at a fully deconstructed option? Those of us in mega-hot climates would be appreciative.

jrgumby

Reaction score
I too would love a deconstructed option: it's been hitting 100 almost daily for the last 2 weeks around here.

Going completely the other direction: any further thought on a Benjamin overcoat for this winter? I'd certainly be game, especially if there was a double breasted navy with the kind of value your sportcoats offer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads