• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Siepi

Reaction score
I'll speak with them about the jacket length, but right now dozens of pre-orders are already in place based on the measurements already provided so I'm afraid we probably won't change any measurements this time around.

Completely understand that you don't have much room to make many changes this close to production. I'm just providing another data point for future projects.

Thanks for your feedback - not only is it appreciated but essential since it's for YOU guys!

Yep, I'll echo all of this completely, just wanted to give a bit of feedback for future runs (for the added data point, I'm 6'3"). I'll be curious to hear about the length from those who ordered jackets in a few months, perhaps my concern is unfounded.

Thanks for all you do, Ben, and I'm excited to see how everyone's jackets turn out!

dls160

Reaction score

I'll speak with them about the jacket length, but right now dozens of pre-orders are already in place based on the measurements already provided so I'm afraid we probably won't change any measurements this time around.

I agree with this, I'm between a 41/42L and 43/44L but prefer a jacket of at least 31" from BOC or more as I am 6'2". I know the current trend is for shorter jackets with narrower lapels but I feel that it is just a trend and will soon fade out just like 3-button suits/jackets have in recent years. IMHO, there is nothing better than a timeless 2 or 2/3 roll button jacket that is toward the longer more conservative length with a wider lapel (10cm+). This has never and I doubt will ever go out of style.

jamie411

Reaction score
@eHaberdasher any chance of running some pants on the same fabric as the brown MTO jackets? I think a suit like this would be pretty sweet:

(Image courtesy of Kent Wang)

rdepuit

Reaction score
I will add my support for lengthening the jackets -- I am only 6'0 but placed a pre-order for a 40L to try to get the longer/classic length, as I think anything less than 30" BOC looks disproportionate for my body.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, guys for all of your feedback. I've just spoken with Italy and they said a sample would be in order if we are to lengthen the jacket (I proposed by 2cm across all sizes), but they said this would delay production by 4 weeks, so rather than suffering the delay we are moving forward with the current model but doing a 3 roll 2 as agreed and they are going to try to open the quarters slightly, but otherwise keeping the posted measurements/proportions.

In the mean time I'll have a sample made and continue to fine tune the product for the next production.

Please continue to provide any feedback and thoughts - if you feel more comfortable messaging me or emailing me directly please feel free: [email protected]

dls160

Reaction score

@eHaberdasher any chance of running some pants on the same fabric as the brown MTO jackets? I think a suit like this would be pretty sweet:

+1 on making a brown/chocolate cotton or cotton/linen blend suit. I have wanted one for years like the one pictured above or like the one below but have been unable to find one that is of a higher quality and Italian cut. I recommend one with patch pockets, soft or unconstructed shoulders, dual vented, and half lined with flat front trousers.

(Image courtesy of sinabrochar)

Last edited:

redbeardedmike

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear about the additional length being considered in the future. I traded PMs and emails with Ben and Colleen about finding the right length since a regular in my size was too short.

I had to order a 38L in the made to order to get the right jacket length (although now I'll have to shorten the sleeves). I *might* be able to fit into a 38R in the future if the 2CM are added which would make it easier to pick a jacket up on a whim if I didn't pre-order the 38L.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sorry the brown fabric sold out so we can't make making trousers for that fabric. Maybe we'll visit the idea in 2017.

mdancel

Reaction score
Would pants in the Zenga fabric look right as a blazer suit? If so, possible to make cut pants out of that fabric?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Would pants in the Zenga fabric look right as a blazer suit?  If so, possible to make cut pants out of that fabric? 

They'd probably be okay as trousers, but I don't have enough fabric to cut the minimum for these. Wouldn't actually be all that bold either - it's a very beautiful deep blue but not ostentatiously bright.

Contango

Reaction score
Almost made my first purchase then I saw it would've been USD 35 for shipping for a single tie... ouch.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Almost made my first purchase then I saw it would've been USD 35 for shipping for a single tie... ouch.

Yes, unfortunately in the past we've shipped via first class mail and had things lost so we ship via USPS Priority mail which is significantly more expensive. If however you don't mind bearing the risk of loss we can ship via a less expensive service. Just email [email protected] and we can work with you on that.

dls160

Reaction score
Can you tell me where are these sport coats listed on your website?

I really like the blue herringbone (3rd from left), the blue solid behind it, and the solid brown on the opposite end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads