• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

scatterbrain

Reaction score
I think both weights lean more towards a true 3 season.
I have the 300g wool/cashmere in dark Mediterranean, which is partially lined. At above 70 it becomes uncomfortable to me. While I can wear it in 80 degree weather, it's not ideal. Living in the Midwest, a three season seems more flexible because it rarely gets that warm here. The 260g will be a little lighter, but not a true lightweight summer coat. Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, that's why I want the navy hopsack from this round. As I explained, I want a coat that works over a broad temperature base as opposed to a summer weight coat. With the pending trousers, I think I'll have a great three season suit with a go to navy blazer that I can wear 9-10 months of the year.

If I wanted a true summer weight coat though, I would go for the zegna check or indigo wool, which are 230g. Especially if you live in a warmer climate. When it's 80, the lighter the better IMO.
I have the same jacket, which I picked up after you posted pics of yours! :)

I agree. Above 70, it gets pretty warm. Three-season in straight navy would be more versatile, but I expect the Zegna to be a luxe fabric that will deal with the heat well in 80 degree weather. Because I run hot I expect it to still be wearable a lot of the year.

Last edited:

mdancel

Reaction score

I think both weights lean more towards a true 3 season. I have the 300g wool/cashmere in dark Mediterranean, which is partially lined. At above 70 it becomes uncomfortable to me. While I can wear it in 80 degree weather, it's not ideal. Living in the Midwest, a three season seems more flexible because it rarely gets that warm here. The 260g will be a little lighter, but not a true lightweight summer coat. Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, that's why I want the navy hopsack from this round. As I explained, I want a coat that works over a broad temperature base as opposed to a summer weight coat. With the pending trousers, I think I'll have a great three season suit with a go to navy blazer that I can wear 9-10 months of the year.

If I wanted a true summer weight coat though, I would go for the zegna check or indigo wool, which are 230g. Especially if you live in a warmer climate. When it's 80, the lighter the better IMO.

I missed the part of the matching hop sack pants and just found it a few pages back. I put in my order for the Zegna indigo but rethinking since the thought of having a blazer suit appeals to me.

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on the navy hopsack (plus a few other items from the store). Now the anxiety begins: will I get hit by duties? :paranoia:

jamesmullen

Reaction score

Ben,

Are there any plans for the Sartorial sport coat line? I was hoping to snag the last one of the above model but it appears somebody else beat me to it. Are they gone forever or will they be back at some point? Thanks for your help.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Hi quick question for everyone.

How Benjamin line of sport shirts and dress shirts qualitywise compared to say Peter Millar? As I am weighing one or the other.

Thank you again,
Kevin24

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Ben - any chance you could snap pics of the indigo fabric next to the swatches of incoming pants? I'm trying to gauge whether the coffee colour will work or not.

Edit: thinking the mohair will probably be better.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Very true. Thanks for the tips, it's just hard to pull the trigger on a purchase without being able to see the style and try it on in person first. Can anyone provide some insight? :) Maybe the eHaberdasher himself?

What specific questions do you have? There's been a few pics already in this thread, and we have a bunch RTW on the site. The MTO is actually still open for the time being as we're still waiting to hear back from a few customers who haven't let us know what size they want... so for those who thought you missed out you have a few hours left for the current MTO pre-orders.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm going to pick up one of the MTO.  It will be first and likely only for awhile summer blazer.   Would the Zenga Indigo be staple enough or should I stick with the midnight blue hopsack?  I plan on wearing it hopefully with grey pants to work which is conservative but could get away with odd jacket/trousers in the summer.   

The Zegna and the Midnight hopsack are quite different from one another. Depending on where you live you can probably wear the Zegna 3 seasons (Spring/Summer/Fall) and the hopsack possibly year round. You can wear either with grey trousers. The color and finish of the Zegna is a bit richer and more interesting whereas the Delfino hopsack is pretty basic/classic.

By the way for the lining of the Zegna indigo, Delfino hopsack and the Zegna check - we can do the very safe dark dull blue, or would you guys prefer something like a light or pale slate blue instead? Other ideas? Maybe I'm opening myself to too many opinions, but let's just see what you guys have to say...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I missed the part of the matching hop sack pants and just found it a few pages back. I put in my order for the Zegna indigo but rethinking since the thought of having a blazer suit appeals to me.

It's not too late to change if you wish - just email [email protected] ASAP (today) and we can cancel/refund your existing order and you can place a new order if you wish.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I pulled the trigger on the navy hopsack (plus a few other items from the store). Now the anxiety begins: will I get hit by duties? :paranoia:

Hopefully not too badly... we will do what we can to help on our end, and as always ship via US Postal Service Priority or Express Mail.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben, Are there any plans for the Sartorial sport coat line? I was hoping to snag the last one of the above model but it appears somebody else beat me to it. Are they gone forever or will they be back at some point? Thanks for your help.
That's a sweet jacket. I really want to would like to but having production issues with China and that's why I'm "diversifying" with Bella Spalla in Italy. If we do pick things up again with the Sartorial jackets you guys will be the first to know.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi quick question for everyone.

How Benjamin line of sport shirts and dress shirts qualitywise compared to say Peter Millar? As I am weighing one or the other.

Thank you again,
Kevin24

I have zero experience or knowledge of Peter Millar, but our shirts that are currently on sale for $65 are made by an Italian company that also makes for Zegna and Hugo Boss. Also this was posted a little while ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE8fkyjuBJq/

Otherwise maybe others can chime in?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben - any chance you could snap pics of the indigo fabric next to the swatches of incoming pants? I'm trying to gauge whether the coffee colour will work or not.

Edit: thinking the mohair will probably be better.

Your wish is my command

With wool/mohair

With coffee fresco

With grey fresco

With midnight hopsack

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Nice. Thanks for having me doubt my decision to go with the navy hopsack. :brick:

Oh, well, there will be a chance to get it when it's ready, although without discount. I'll need to go through my couch cushions for funding anyway.

Sudonihm

Reaction score
^^^ Nice. Thanks for having me doubt my decision to go with the navy hopsack.
baldy[1].gif

Oh, well, there will be a chance to get it when it's ready, although without discount. I'll need to go through my couch cushions for funding anyway.

That Indigo Zegna does look awesome, but you can never go wrong with Navy Hopsack.
fing02[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members