• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Received my first eHaberdasher purchase just before the holidays and finally got a chance to actually put it on and check the fit. It's a touch tight through the gut, but I think that's more of a personal post-holiday-without-working-out problem than an issue with the jacket -- I'm pretty sure a size up (from 39/40R to 41/42R) would be too much. Any thoughts? Should I be worried about the tightness now while I can still return it?

I like the fabric.

I think it looks fine from the front - a touch tight, but nothing to worry about.

But from the back, I think it looks too small. There's pulling along pretty much the entire centre seam. The vents are also gaping.

So I would suggest sizing up and seeing if that works better.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's way too tight, but I'm afraid sizing up would cause the shoulders to be too big. I run into this same issue all the time. My gut is a 42 but my shoulders are a 40 haha

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not particularly worried about the vents, as I have a fairly large rear end haha. Double vented is much better than a single vent for me! I guess my main hold up is that right now I'm about 5 lbs over my normal weight (although probably about 15 over what I should be haha)... I'm trying to decide if I think it'll ease up a bit more when I get back down to my walking size. It's tough because I absolutely love the fabric (look, feel, everything) and it's not available any more from the site, so I don't think I really have the option of sizing up. It's either this one or none :/

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the pre order jackets returnable?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not particularly worried about the vents, as I have a fairly large rear end haha. Double vented is much better than a single vent for me! I guess my main hold up is that right now I'm about 5 lbs over my normal weight (although probably about 15 over what I should be haha)... I'm trying to decide if I think it'll ease up a bit more when I get back down to my walking size. It's tough because I absolutely love the fabric (look, feel, everything) and it's not available any more from the site, so I don't think I really have the option of sizing up. It's either this one or none :/

It does look tight. When do you anticipate getting back to normal weight, and more importantly, do you have any other jackets or suit jackets that normally fit you well but also fit similarly to the new jacket you're modeling? If so, then it's likely your tailor can make slight adjustments to make it work for you. If not, you may need to return it.

If you prefer to contact me directly to further discuss you can email me at [email protected].

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are the pre order jackets returnable?

Yes, everything is returnable, but hopefully you won't be ordering a crazy size otherwise I may have to reconsider... by the way I'm closing out the made to orders tonight and submitting to Italy tomorrow.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, everything is returnable, but hopefully you won't be ordering a crazy size otherwise I may have to reconsider... by the way I'm closing out the made to orders tonight and submitting to Italy tomorrow.

Thanks for your prompt response. No I'm a 41/42R, so nothing crazy!

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are they only available via pre-order or will there be stock?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ben - I just wanted to chime in that I think this is a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, the materials don't work for me down here in Florida. I hope this proves successful enough that you come around with something similar for summer!

Benjamin Bella Spalla pre-orders are up. $160 down then another $165 due in 8-10 weeks when they're ready to ship. The pure cashmere and the silk/cashmere are $200 down then $195 due when ready to deliver.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are they only available via pre-order or will there be stock?

There will be a few, depending on how much fabric is left, but the prices will be slightly higher than the pre-order prices (roughly 10%)

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben - I just wanted to chime in that I think this is a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, the materials don't work for me down here in Florida. I hope this proves successful enough that you come around with something similar for summer!

Thanks for the kind message. Assuming my visa gets approved to stay on in London for another 2 years I definitely plan to offer spring/summer. Right now I'm without passport for the next 6-8 weeks, but assuming all goes well I'll be headed back to Italy in late February to grab more fabrics for spring/summer and offer on the site by early March around the time the current pre-orders will have already been received so that we can get more feedback if needed moving forward.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the kind message. Assuming my visa gets approved to stay on in London for another 2 years I definitely plan to offer spring/summer. Right now I'm without passport for the next 6-8 weeks, but assuming all goes well I'll be headed back to Italy in late February to grab more fabrics for spring/summer and offer on the site by early March around the time the current pre-orders will have already been received so that we can get more feedback if needed moving forward.

To heck with the jackets, I'm just plain jealous of your work (and, yes, I know it probably reads more glamorous than it is in the trenches, but still... sigh!)

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

To heck with the jackets, I'm just plain jealous of your work (and, yes, I know it probably reads more glamorous than it is in the trenches, but still... sigh!)

I'll be honest here: I've got three kids ages 12, 13 and 15, two mortgages to pay (thankfully with good tenants, which wasn't always the case), haven't funded retirement in YEARS, zero savings, haven't funded college education for the kids, work about 60 hours a week, and just barely paying the bills. And yet I consider myself extremely blessed because there's food on the table, I enjoy what I do (for the most part), get to see my wife and kids more than probably 95% of working dads, and yes - get to shop, see, feel and touch great cloth and clothing 24/7 365 days a year... I'm not monetarily wealthy, but rich in the ways that are much more important! :slayer:

But yes - far from glamorous. Constant production issues. Poor cash flow. And remember I deal with Italians on a regular basis - in other words I'm always getting screwed on deals in one way or another. ALWAYS. "e normale"

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not monetarily wealthy, but rich in the ways that are much more important! :slayer:

Congrats + bravo!!

But yes - far from glamorous. Constant production issues. Poor cash flow. And remember I deal with Italians on a regular basis - in other words I'm always getting screwed on deals in one way or another. ALWAYS. "e normale"

And I'm still jealous!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads