• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

ja1171

Reaction score
I'm about to order a sport coat from Benjamin to try out, and I am thinking about ordering some the Benjamin trousers to see if I like them as well. I need to replace a couple of suits over the next few months, so I'd like to have an idea about the pants before I consider Benjamin suits.

I am wondering about the leg width at bottom since trying pants on, I never get a good sense about how pants will fit until I have them altered. On the Benjamin trousers, size 32s show 7.9" as the width with an inseam of 35". What does this mean for my 30" inseam? I've measured some of my trousers that I prefer, and most of them measure 8.25". I have no idea what they measured before the inseam was taken up. I do know that I have a Baldessadini with leg openings just a hair under 8', and I think they taper just a tad too much.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm about to order a sport coat from Benjamin to try out, and I am thinking about ordering some the Benjamin trousers to see if I like them as well. I need to replace a couple of suits over the next few months, so I'd like to have an idea about the pants before I consider Benjamin suits.

I am wondering about the leg width at bottom since trying pants on, I never get a good sense about how pants will fit until I have them altered. On the Benjamin trousers, size 32s show 7.9" as the width with an inseam of 35". What does this mean for my 30" inseam? I've measured some of my trousers that I prefer, and most of them measure 8.25". I have no idea what they measured before the inseam was taken up. I do know that I have a Baldessadini with leg openings just a hair under 8', and I think they taper just a tad too much.

The measurements of the trousers are accurate, and we measured the trousers at a 30" inseam and the width is about 8.15", so they may be OK for you?

Hope that helps.

LittleViti

Reaction score
@eHaberdasher I'm looking at the Classico II in dark navy and charcoal grey (44L) -- how wide are the lapels?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@eHaberdasher I'm looking at the Classico II in dark navy and charcoal grey (44L) -- how wide are the lapels?

Lapels on the Classico II are 3" straight across. Hope that helps.

ja1171

Reaction score
Any idea when you might get more Benjamin trousers (size 34), or do they just come in when suits come in? I really like the charcoal pair that I got and would like to get some in gray and navy.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any idea when you might get more Benjamin trousers (size 34), or do they just come in when suits come in? I really like the charcoal pair that I got and would like to get some in gray and navy.

Sorry it will be some time before we get more trousers in stock - perhaps not until August or September even. We'll keep you posted.

jlittlew

Reaction score
Do the Benjamin Classico II suits ever go on sale? I love the one I have but can't yet justify picking up the other two colors - but would like to.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do the Benjamin Classico II suits ever go on sale? I love the one I have but can't yet justify picking up the other two colors - but would like to.

The Benjamin Sartorial line never goes on sale. They are intended to maximize value and quality at the best price point possible, and so you really won't see further discounts on them unless it's a discontinued fabric or style. We have done a promotion in the past where you can select a free Benjamin tie with any Benjamin Sartorial suit purchase. It is not a current promotion, but please email [email protected] for details if interested.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any update on the spring/summer sport coats?

Benjamin Bella Spalla (made in Napoli with a soft shoulder) are coming in a few weeks and include spring/summer weights and finally a two different navy hopsacks.

UserNameToronto

Reaction score

Benjamin Bella Spalla (made in Napoli with a soft shoulder) are coming in a few weeks and include spring/summer weights and finally a two different navy hopsacks.

Wow - I just picked up a navy hopsack blazer yesterday! I might take it back and get yours instead.

Are the hopsacks both wool? Are they the canvassed or half-canvas line? To what extent are they lined?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads