• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst *#%R( driver in the world

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Sweet Jesus, I have to tell a story: A client of mine, and somewhat influential communist party administrator, invited me out for a walk on Smell Mountain last Saturday, he said he'd give me a ride, buy my dinner, and give me 200rmb for my trouble (no ****, NTTAWWT). I get into his car, and he starts driving. After about 5 minutes of waiting for him to go faster, I realize that actually, 10km/hr is his top speed, whether it's a side road or highway. As he's casually talking to me about work and asking me about other countries, scores of cars honk loudly and speed past him screaming "SHA BI!" quite audibly, which I pretended not to notice. This continues for about an hour, him causing traffic endangering other drivers until we get to Xiang Shan, and to Chinese drivers credit, nobody has murdered him yet like they would in America.

After we finish our hike, while we're on the on-ramp to the 4th ring road, he suggests we find a restaurant, then points out one to our left. "Too bad it's too late." I foolishly say, not realizing that traffic laws to him are about a useful as a girl to a Catholic priest, and my client slams on the breaks. We're on the on ramp, so there's lots of cars behind us, but that doesn't discourage him. "Who are all these ******* cars?" he asks while he calmly backs up into traffic. As each of the 50 cars behind him pulls out of his lane to pass, it creates a 5 foot buffer for him to back up into before stopping again. Great! It only takes him 5 minutes of this to get back to the fork where he can turn off the ramp and go to the restaurant. Then, he blocks both lanes of the highway while he clumsily performs a 17-point turn and drives directly across the highway to the restaurant, mounts the curb, and probably parks on somebody's dog.

I have never, ever, seen a shittier driver in my life. EVER. So I casually work it into our conversation, "Say, Communist Administrator with a lot of money who I pretend to like guy, how long have you been driving?"
"Seven years!" he says with a proud grin, akin to a boy with downs syndrome who just finished his first 2-piece puzzle.

I took a taxi home.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't get over that the guy has to pay you to go on a man date with him.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
he said he'd give me a ride, buy my dinner, and give me 200rmb for my trouble (no ****, NTTAWWT).
OK, if that's no ****, I think we'd all like to know what it was. Seems more interesting than the fact that he cannot drive.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Doug, Doug, Doug... you could do worse. I hired a driver in Uruguay after I made bail that drove close to 90 mph on surface streets. I like a thrill but this was absolutely ******* terrifying. He thought he was good so long as he had two wheels on the road.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
did you have to put out for the dinner and 200 rmb?

Not for them.

Those were just bonus.

DBoon

Reaction score
so you're saying that a communist party administrator was exhibiting selfish, anti-common-good behavior?

and that a chinese man was a bad driver?

lies

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
A lot of my friends have cars (which I detest anyway), none of them drive like that.
Originally Posted by DBoon
so you're saying that a communist party administrator was exhibiting selfish, anti-common-good behavior? and that a chinese man was a bad driver? lies
Dude bitched about the price of EVERYTHING, it was straight embaressing. Mutton was like 2$/lb and he's demanding to see their manager... Also just threw his trash right out of trunk onto the mountain. note: smell mountain = xiang shan, it should be called "fragrant mountain" but I prefer to translate it as "smell"

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
A lot of my friends have cars (which I detest anyway), none of them drive like that. Dude bitched about the price of EVERYTHING, it was straight embaressing. Mutton was like 2$/lb and he's demanding to see their manager... Also just threw his trash right out of trunk onto the mountain. note: smell mountain = xiang shan, it should be called "fragrant mountain" but I prefer to translate it as "smell"
So, all considered, there won't be a second date?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
No, GQgeek, there will not be a second date.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtrran