• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

garigo

Reaction score
Those trousers look great, where are they from?

I love my sport chinos, but lately I have felt self conscious about them being on the slim side in terms of hem width. I don’t know if I’m just succumbing to the larger trend towards fuller cuts in the greater fashion world, but I find them a bit harder to wear now than I did a year ago.
Thanks! They're Rubato ecru denim.

jeremygo

Reaction score

I love my sport chinos, but lately I have felt self conscious about them being on the slim side in terms of hem width. I don’t know if I’m just succumbing to the larger trend towards fuller cuts in the greater fashion world, but I find them a bit harder to wear now than I did a year ago.
Definitely understand this feeling. To be clear, I also love the sport chinos. For me they toe the line of slim, with a 7.75" leg opening on my size 50s, but I think the relatively full thigh and knee makes them work. They don't cling to my leg and give a pretty polished line with the taper. I also think if you compare them to the slim fit that a lot of finance and tech types still wear it's night and day.

(This is coming from someone who always skips leg day however.)

symphvaria

Reaction score
Definitely understand this feeling. To be clear, I also love the sport chinos. For me they toe the line of slim, with a 7.75" leg opening on my size 50s, but I think the relatively full thigh and knee makes them work. They don't cling to my leg and give a pretty polished line with the taper. I also think if you compare them to the slim fit that a lot of finance and tech types still wear it's night and day.

(This is coming from someone who always skips leg day however.)
On my size 46s they are somewhere around a 7.25" leg opening, so like you, not quite techbro skinny chinos, but definitely closer to that than a fuller cut straight leg officer chino like the Armoury's own Army Chinos (which I love, but are far too heavy for this season). On the other hand, they are slim enough that, say, if I stuff my phone into my pocket, you can see the outline of it through my trousers, so I think that's part of what's making my skin crawl a little bit when I wear them.

It's interesting though that I have this problem with the sport chinos specifically, but not the Model A trousers which the sport chinos share the same cut with (although I do prefer the Armoury's Model B trousers). Fabric makes a very big difference I suppose.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the armoury’s trousers by ring jacket? How do they compare with pommella’s offerings?
They're very nice. I have Model A, Model B, and the sport chinos.

The fabrics and construction for Models A and B are better than what you get from a budget competitor, like Spier & Mackay. The seat and thigh are roomy enough, and the leg tapers nicely to a reasonable hem opening.

I don't have any experience with Pommella. The $950 price point is a non-starter for me...at that point, I'd just get bespoke.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoy the 15 cut. TTS to the 3 as well, FWIW, which is a relief/was a concern when buying.
C7BFAE04-6545-480D-9026-B015D1447291.jpeg

Club Soda

Reaction score

I agree that that the opening is narrow but the rise, hips and thigh width balance the silhouette. The legs are full and comfortable all the way down, then they aggresvly taper to a close from the calf down. It keeps them looking classic but current regardless of how you hem them. I don't press or wash my current ones and the sharpness of the taper makes them look appropriate with a jacket.

Not to split hairs but they are a chino and not a perm-pressed khaki.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Looks like the natural chinos are back in stock, thinking of grabbing one pair. Do you guys have them hemmed immediately, or wash them first, then take them back for hemming?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you speak on the shrinkage, if any? Should one size up to account for this?
By pure measurements, my trouser size is in between sizes (52 and 54). So I went with the 54, washed them then had them shortened. From my initial try on, I think the shrinkage was minimal. Keep in mind, I bought them when they first came out…. (Two years ago??)

epsilon22

Reaction score
By pure measurements, my trouser size is in between sizes (52 and 54). So I went with the 54, washed them then had them shortened. From my initial try on, I think the shrinkage was minimal. Keep in mind, I bought them when they first came out…. (Two years ago??)
Hmm, two years? I could've sworn they've been around for longer. I think Simon from PS even showed pics of his old pair with fading and fraying around the edges. Maybe a different iteration/version?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, two years? I could've sworn they've been around for longer. I think Simon from PS even showed pics of his old pair with fading and fraying around the edges. Maybe a different iteration/version?
I did put a question mark at my time estimate. I bought them when they were first introduced, whenever that was (two years +/- whatever)

Edited to add, the Armoury had Armoury Army Chinos before they had the sport chino. Im talking about the introduction of the Armoury Sport Chino specifically.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hightechtraders