• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine Trailer

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Is it even worth watching?

Not really.

Well unless you want to see some chick get angry and start lifting stuff. *rolls eyes* Seriously, was that the best they could come up with?

Okay, it's worth watching on video. I'm glad I didn't go to the theater to see it.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Not really.

Well unless you want to see some chick get angry and start lifting stuff. *rolls eyes* Seriously, was that the best they could come up with?

Okay, it's worth watching on video. I'm glad I didn't go to the theater to see it.

I had to look the storyline up on wikipedia to remind myself of whether or not I had seen it. Apparently, I had.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I had to look the storyline up on wikipedia to remind myself of whether or not I had seen it. Apparently, I had.

Yeah, that's to tell you what a quality piece of work it was.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate how some of the superhero dialogue is written. 'You want new ones? What do you want them to say?' 'Wolverine.' Why the hell do they even put that in there? His name is Wolverine, we get that. I don't ask why Professor Xavier is named as he is and I don't care. Comic books have a fantastical levity that movies don't and there's almost no crossover. Isn't one of the first lessons of writing to know your audience and medium?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wolverine has been my favorite superhero since I was 10. This movie is going to be awesome, no matter how the plot/storyline turns out. Plus, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is an excellent cast choice.

dsholmes1

Reaction score
If they had given this an R rating and added Omega Red, I would have called this a blockbuster. Hopefully they tetter along the line b/w PG-13 and R, so we get some decent violence in this film.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the R rating should have been a mandatory for this movie, but Omega Red? Believe me, I'm a huge fan, and he's a great villain, but wouldn't it be too much? This movie seems like it is purely meant as an origin story, giving the background of the Weapon X program. It already brings a handful of new characters and establishes the ongoing battle with Sabretooth. Adding another villain would over-complicate the storyline. I could definitely see a sequal using Omega, but certainly not for this movie.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
I think the R rating should have been a mandatory for this movie, but Omega Red? Believe me, I'm a huge fan, and he's a great villain, but wouldn't it be too much? This movie seems like it is purely meant as an origin story, giving the background of the Weapon X program. It already brings a handful of new characters and establishes the ongoing battle with Sabretooth. Adding another villain would over-complicate the storyline. I could definitely see a sequal using Omega, but certainly not for this movie.

I agree, adding too much is one of the problems Xmen 3 and Spiderman 3 had.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wolverine is so ******* exposed in comicbooks so I suppose a solo movie was inevitable. Still, just the fact that Hugh Jackman is back, merits checking out. I want some Silver Samurai, Sunfire. That would be awesome.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Def. exicted about Gambit. Hopefully it is as good as X-men I and II. Didn't see III yet. Is it even worth watching?

I thought Xmen 1, 2, and 3 were all weak as their stories sucked. I'd say Xmen 3 was the best just because it had a shitload of mutants in it and a good fight at the end. And by "the best" I mean the only one worthy of 2 stars outta 4.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
I thought Xmen 1, 2, and 3 were all weak as their stories sucked. I'd say Xmen 3 was the best just because it had a shitload of mutants in it and a good fight at the end. And by "the best" I mean the only one worthy of 2 stars outta 4.

xmen 3 was better cause it had more famke janssen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads