• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why was my thread locked?

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
If the lad is in need of arbitrary, iron-clad rules, I am happy to provide them. Just FYI.

I was thinking of mentioning you. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

At least it'll save him from the" white socks/black shoes"

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phatty123
Excuse me, if i dont have an average IQ.

Obviously not.

I am not trying to have the shoes compliment real well with my jeans.
musicboohoo[1].gif

j, can we just ban this guy for wasting forum resources and peoples' time?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not get what trolling means. I am asking a legitimate question here. One of you said why do i follow GQ magazine since it contradicts itself whereas most of you posters here have different opinions and contradict this whole topic. Some of you say wear some brown loafers but then a bunch of other posters later said loafers is terrible with jeans because it looks like you have no fashion sense and it will make you look like a fool. One of you also said that it looks like someone who doesnt know what to put on and just puts on anything which is what i am trying to avoid. Then you have some people giving me advice to not wear dress shoes with the blazer because my blazer and jeans will have it a more casual look to it. Then some people say i wear dress shoes with jeans and i think it looks great. And one you said "I would wear it with dress shoes" and another guy followed it up with "Ditto, and always polished." I am not sure if both of you guys are joking around or expressing your honest answer because one advice i got not from here was to NEVER wear dress shoes that are polished with jeans because its a no-no. The way i see it, its like it is going around in circles and never getting an answer that most people would at least agree on. I will not post any more links since most of you have seen the blazer and those "ugly" KC shoes you guys have been talking about. Can we just agree on something here? Like if most of you say loafers would be ideal I would be fine with it. Again, i am not looking for reassurance, I am just looking for the type of shoes that would be fine as long as it is far way from looking tacky or like a fool. Tar, of course it is clear i am not confident. It's because i DON'T KNOW what to wear with blue jeans. How am i suppose to be confident when i dont even know what is fine and what is not whening picking shoes with blue jeans. It's like you telling me you dont' look confident and your suppose to perform on stage in 5 minutes and i tell you of course i dont look confident, i dont even remember most of my lines. thanks.
I think it's more that you have 180 posts and have started 41 threads. Hang around a bit. Participate. You keep asking a lot of similar questions when if you hung around a bit, you'd probably get the answers without having to ask them. Finally, as someone has suggested, style is very personal. Nobody can tell you what to wear. A lot of people on here wear sneakers with jeans. Does that mean that the people who wear dressier shoes with jeans are wrong? Of course not. Don't take clothes so seriously, it's about wearing what you think is best for you.

lpwb32

Reaction score
not that my posts are all that great... but here's a summary of every phatty123 thread. phatty123: hi, i'm not as spiffy as you guys so i need advice. i like my brown kenneth cole "big swinging d*cks" a lot. i know you say they suck, but can i wear them? forum: no, don't wear them period. phatty123: GQ says its ok to wear them. forum: GQ sucks phatty123: no, you guys suck! you guys are mean and snobbish and wear old-people shoes! i hate you all! [2 days later] phatty123: hi, i'm not as spiffy as you guys so i need advice. i have a pair of brown kenneth coles and i know you say they suck, but can i wear them? GQ says its ok to wear them. [repeat as necessary]

phatty123

Reaction score
well the thing is i am not interested in another people's threads is because i have no interest in them? Like threads on safari jackets and those other things have no interest in me because i dont like the style.

yes to the person who said i wanted to know the "rules", yes i think that is what i am looking for.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well the thing is i am not interested in another people's threads is because i have no interest in them? Like threads on safari jackets and those other things have no interest in me because i dont like the style.

yes to the person who said i wanted to know the "rules", yes i think that is what i am looking for.

Paging Manton. Call for Mr. Manton

WSW

Reaction score
I always thought Phatty123 was one of those "pretend to be ignorant and ask asinine questions" trolls. Go through his threads and I'm sure you'll get the same feeling.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you don't like our style why are you asking us for advice?

ltontheqt

Reaction score
I haven't followed his threads that closely, but is it possible that Howard changed identities? Ask him to price a bunch of bananas.

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpwb32
not that my posts are all that great... but here's a summary of every phatty123 thread.

phatty123: hi, i'm not as spiffy as you guys so i need advice. i like my brown kenneth cole "big swinging d*cks" a lot. i know you say they suck, but can i wear them?

forum: no, don't wear them period.

phatty123: GQ says its ok to wear them.

forum: GQ sucks

phatty123: no, you guys suck! you guys are mean and snobbish and wear old-people shoes! i hate you all!
[2 days later]

phatty123: hi, i'm not as spiffy as you guys so i need advice. i have a pair of brown kenneth coles and i know you say they suck, but can i wear them? GQ says its ok to wear them.

[repeat as necessary]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I am a NOOB here and find this hillarious!
bounce2.gif
If you are going to ask a question here take them for what they are worth. That being said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result...........

BTW, Hitler and Mussolini were big on arbitrary Iron clad rules as well! Then again they WERE dapper dressers!!!!

phatty123

Reaction score
I taken answers but all the answers contradict everything i heard before.

Man everytime i ask a question it also gets other ppl posting some immature stuff etc. If you are going to make a joke out of it then dont bother reading.

And when did i ever said you guys suck. Are you guys trying to create some drama out of this?

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
Phat these guys all have opinions...every one's got one. Why not read the posts and identify the posters that you tend to agrree with in general? Posters that may have a similar aesthetic and style and ask them directly? Do not get pissy when people get mad at you because you do not agree with their opinion after asking.

Use the search, check other forums and do not piss off the Senior members/moderators. Remember when they have 1000+ posts, they have probably seen your question 10 times already asked by noobs like you and I.

It's just e ettiquette, you are asking to be slammed if you do not at least try to follow it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads