• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who bought an iMac today?

mjHession

Reaction score
Which one did ya get? Got mine.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear TokyoSlim did

mjHession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
what was the point of this again?

If you bought one you wouldn't be asking that question, if you didn't buy one don't bother to open the thread, sorry for your time.

Plus in someone is on the fence, to buy or not
decisions.gif
, hopefully this thread will get them to take the plung.
devil.gif

Oh yeah, and it falls in the catagory "Whatever else entertains me" as the Section Entertainment and Cluture calls for.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Apple store I walk by everyday didn't have the new mouse in...I was disappointed. The new iMacs look pretty sweet.

Are you running Maple 12 mj?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I hear TokyoSlim did

I also purchased a giant vat of acid. Guess which one I'll be using first.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss my old 20" iMac G5. Best computer I've ever owned...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjHession
Which one did ya get? Got mine.

Doesn't it come with a remote? Or did you buy an extra one...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also I sold my two year old iMac a week and half ago for 1300 dollars. I had bought it for 1600 new with a student discount. Pretty good resale value. Put it up on craigslist and got a ton of interest. My iMac did have 4gb ram as opposed to 2gb stock. It cost me another 60 for that from crucial...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
Also I sold my two year old iMac a week and half ago for 1300 dollars. I had bought it for 1600 new with a student discount. Pretty good resale value. Put it up on craigslist and got a ton of interest. My iMac did have 4gb ram as opposed to 2gb stock. It cost me another 60 for that from crucial...
Yeah, it's insane how that works out. If you do it every year (buy a new one and then sell the old), the overall cost to keep upgrading is minimal.

mjHession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
Doesn't it come with a remote? Or did you buy an extra one...

No it dosn't anymore. They stop including one sometime last year I think. I think is was marketed at one of their environment friendly moves, as nearly noone uses them. My last one did, but that was 5 years ago, At least we didn't see a price increase with the move to aluminum.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$2000 for a POS ?

recession is over baby !

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It isnt a POS. There are people who take things to opposite extremes like apple elitists and people who hate everything about apple. It's like a nerdy Ford vs. Chevy debate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads