• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you all live?

JLA

Reaction score
I'm born and bred in NJ. It's great. I'm only 30 minutes from
NYC and the shopping is also great in NJ.
NJ is not all like you see in the Sopranos...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Wow - Interlochen people and U of M students. Lots of Michiganders and other talented people on here.

I agree, this is a fun forum to share experiences and discussions. Anyone else think we should all plan a meeting somewhere. I used to be part of a forum on Prodigy (early days of the internet) that was devoted to Jimmy Buffett. They did a trip to Key West and everyone had a great time meeting each other in person.

Maybe we should think about planning some sort of a StyleForum member's meeting somewhere. Vegas or NYC come to my mind. Don't laugh, Vegas actually has some good shopping and if done at the right time of year, could be reasonably priced for everyone to get there and spend a weekend.

Just a thought.

jst

Reaction score
Native and current resident of Cleveland, OH. I have to defend Cleveland, there is some pretty good shopping here. Heck, Hugo Boss makes a majority of their suits here.

jst

Reaction score
One more thing, I hope all the UofM guys out there enjoy watching the Buckeyes in the National Championship in two weeks.....
Too bad for the Blue;]

pstoller

Reaction score
Don't laugh, Vegas actually has some good shopping...
Heck, the wife and I like to go there just to shop at the outlet center in Primm. It's the closest Last Call to LA; sure wish NM would put one in Camarillo, Ontario, Costa Mesa or Cabazon.

pstoller

Reaction score
 I live in Pasadena right now, finishing my Ph.D. at Caltech - pstoller, I might need your services in the future.
No problem; Pasadena is well within my traveling range.
smile.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was born and raised in the Washington, D.C. area, went to college in the Northeast, went to law school in the Midwest, had my first real job in the Southeast, and back to the D.C. area for my current job.  My handle is a misnomer, as I do defense-side work representing large corporations and have never appeared in a late night television commercial.  I just figured that "Corporate Flunky" didn't have quite the same ring as "Ambulance Chaser."

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - Interlochen people and U of M students. Lots of Michiganders and other talented people on here.

I agree, this is a fun forum to share experiences and discussions. Anyone else think we should all plan a meeting somewhere. I used to be part of a forum on Prodigy (early days of the internet) that was devoted to Jimmy Buffett. They did a trip to Key West and everyone had a great time meeting each other in person.

Maybe we should think about planning some sort of a StyleForum member's meeting somewhere. Vegas or NYC come to my mind. Don't laugh, Vegas actually has some good shopping and if done at the right time of year, could be reasonably priced for everyone to get there and spend a weekend.

Just a thought.
I was born and raised in SC. Went to school in SC as well. I currently reside in Charlotte NC.

Bradford you're right. I flew to Vegas earlier this monht for $200 round trip. The shopping is indeed very good, not to mention the women.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tricket: I've never been but have always thought HK would be fascinating. I can only imagine the culinary possibilities facing you. I would love to wander through the grocery stores and markets there. And I'm sure there are great tailors there, in the fine old British tradition. Why do you find it boring?

cristobal

Reaction score
I live in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood. There are some curious boutiques up here, but I spend the bulk of my money on Michigan Ave. Born in Tehran, Iran, but don't remember a thing, I was two when my family left during the Revolution. I'd love to see the birthplace, but for now, I'm a Chicagoan.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Cristobal:

Where exactly is Lakeview?

cristobal

Reaction score
Steve B., I don't know the city's official boundaries for the neighborhood, but it covers portions of what some people call "Wrigleyville," and extends down to the Lincoln Park neighborhood. I guess it's bordered by Irving Park on the north, Lake Michigan on the east, Lincoln? on the west and Diversey on the south. Other guesses from fellow Chicagoans or other knowledgable types are welcome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads