• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you all live?

pstoller

Reaction score
I love this forum. It's taking on the atmosphere of a favorite bar you stop in after work and have a belt with the guys.
Only, in this case, it's a Ferragamo calfskin belt.
wink.gif
I was born and raised in Manhattan, where I lived (barring a brief stint in Boston at the Berklee College of Music) until I moved to LA about ten years ago.
What is it with Drew Carey's suits? I find them incredibly ugly and boxy.
Um, have you looked at Drew Carey? He's not exactly built for Brioni.

VWpete

Reaction score
I'm from Central Illinois and go to school at Bradley University. Funny thing Pstoller... I studied at Berklee College of Music at their 5-week summer program. I almost went there full time, but decided to get my BS and probably go to law school next year. I've still got a bunch of friends roaming the halls on Mass Ave. I'm probably going to be working in NYC at a record company this summer if I can land a job from the group of interviews I have in mid-Jan. I'm hoping to sublease a place in Soho or Tribeca for the summer (or anywhere I can find a place within my budget in Manhatten).
Pete

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Good topic - this is something about which I have been curious as well. I myself live in Phoenix, AZ. Born in Ann Arbor, Michigan, but raised in Tucson, Arizona. I went back to Michigan for college (Hillsdale College) and spent two years in the suburbs of Detroit after school ended, but have been back in Arizona for 11 years now. Lots of good shopping here, but my attire tends to run toward resort wear. When 63 degrees is cold weather, you can get away with almost anything in the winter and in the summer at 110 degrees you want to wear the lightest things possible Bradford
smile.gif

LDawg

Reaction score
This is great how a group of people with such an eclectic background can come together and discuss the same interests. I was born and raised in Northern California (San Jose and Cupertino to be exact) until I left for college at UCLA. I've been living in Southern California (Irvine/Tustin) for about 2 years (6 counting college) now. I plan to move back up to go to law school in a few years.

Cheers,
LDawg

pstoller

Reaction score
Born in Ann Arbor, Michigan...I went back to Michigan for college (Hillsdale College) and spent two years in the suburbs of Detroit after school ended...
My wife is from Detroit. I met her in the Interlochen Arts Academy summer music program back in '78. 24 years later, we finally got married.
smile.gif

Mike

Reaction score
Born in Ann Arbor, Michigan...I went back to Michigan for college (Hillsdale College) and spent two years in the suburbs of Detroit after school ended...
My wife is from Detroit. I met her in the Interlochen Arts Academy summer music program back in '78. 24 years later, we finally got married.
smile.gif

Whoa, I guess it is a small world. Â I was born in Hamtramck and moved to Sterling Heights when I was a year old. Â Raised there with trips back to Hamtramck on Sundays to visit my grnadmother (God rest her soul) and my aunt, uncle, and cousins. Â Now I go to school at U of M in Ann Arbor. Oh yeah. Â I heard this funny but extremely true joke about good old U of M- How is U of M like unprotected sex? You're glad you got in but you're sorry that you came.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to study in Florence, Italy next semester, I leave mid January and come back in May.
*exceedingly jealous*

My parents lived there as students, they go back every once in a while and I always beg them to tag along.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
As I have mentioned before, I am an NYU student. I live in SoHo, which is great because I have the worlds best shopping just 2 blocks away.
Ahh, I remember my days at NYU very fondly. Great food, art, music, women. And someone else is footing the bill (at least in my case). While the shopping in SoHo is good, I'm going to guess that you've never been to Nathan Road in Hong Kong. They have all the fancy boutiques, and some great custom tailors, plus everything from jewellry to cameras to roasted duck to hookers. I can really only speak to the quality of the first three...
tounge.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Renwick:

There's great shopping in Cleveland. IMO best specialty store per capita in US. Dept stores are kinda bad, though, and so is the only outlet mall.

Lived in WI until 26, LA 10 years, and SF (East Bay) 8.5 so far. College in NY and SC, some post grad at UW Madison.

pstoller

Reaction score
You both musicians?
Yes, we both sing and write, although I'm more a writer and she's more a singer. Her name is Tricia Tahara; she has a CD out on the jazz label Savant called "Secrets".

Renwick

Reaction score
There's great shopping in Cleveland. IMO best specialty store per capita in US. Dept stores are kinda bad, though, and so is the only outlet mall.
Any stores that you would recommend that I may not know about?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'll send you my web site off list. I'll be releasing the URL to the Forum once I tinker with it just a bit more....

RainCityClotheshound

Reaction score
I am a native Pacific NWsterner,born in Portland,Oregon,and currently living in Seattle,Washington. Also spent 6 & 1/2 of my formative years in the midwest--St.Louis,Missouri. The gray NW Autumns and Winters are quite conducive to spending time inside,thumbing through L'Uomo Vogue or the like,fantasizing about pieces I wish I could afford,and talking with friends over espresso (yes,we do like our java in Seattle. Looking for a coffee shop? Throw a rock). A few nice men's clothing stores here (Barneys,some smaller retailers - Butch Blum,David Lawrence,Europa For Men,and Marios - along with Nordstrom),although I envy those of you in NY or Europe,who have access to boutiques and designer goods I've only seen in Vogue Homme etc. Being one whose compulsions often exceed his means,I too have greatly enjoyed reading your comments and advice; they've allowed me to get more value from my impulse buys. Â Â
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads