• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jdlc

Reaction score
Picked up the coat yesterday. Best $600 bucks I spent all year (well, besides my Lindrick boots). BB4 fits perfectly. I tried it on in store with the flannel sports coat that I was wearing to make sure it would fit over just about anything. A few years ago, I was in the MA store and the BB$ coats were tight in the shoulders. It seems like they fixed that issue.
Really thick cashmere and the buttons are great. Overall construction is in line with their GF line although this one feels thicker. Very happy with it. Just hope we have a real winter this year so that I can wear it. This coat rocks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

That's an awesome looking coat and a great deal!

Welcome on board!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Thank you!!

Hi everyone - I'm looking for advice on sizing for sweaters. I notice they don't have measurement info up for sweaters on the BB website, I understand how knits are a bit different than shirts and suits. I find I'm between a small and a medium in just about everything, this makes life difficult if I'm not familiar with the product I'm ordering.
I'm 5'9.5", 168 lbs, 38 inch chest, generally a slim guy with a little bit of a belly. I've found Epaulet's medium shirts fit me well, CT's tailored fit, and LEC's smalls. And I suppose I'll be wearing a shirt under these sweaters, so I have to keep this in mind too.
What do you think? Small or medium?
I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with those brands. Based on the information your provided, I would recommend the Small size. Brooks Brothers sweaters offer a generous cut.

My guy told me that BB is trying to reduce the frequency of sales and discounts, so I think your observations are in line with what he was telling me.
That is correct, including not having an overload of inventory.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My guy told me that BB is trying to reduce the frequency of sales and discounts, so I think your observations are in line with what he was telling me.

BB has been sliding down a slippery slope with all these sales. If there is a sale every month then nobody pays retail and pretty soon you are JAB.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ interesting thought...I asked the manager @ my location the very same thought and seems like Mr. C. Del Vecchio is really pushing hard on sale vols...

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB has been sliding down a slippery slope with all these sales. If there is a sale every month then nobody pays retail and pretty soon you are JAB.

Quality-wise, they've already gotten pretty close to JAB (if not right on par). Playing the price game is dangerous, but BB's no longer a "big-timer's brand." A lot of people (including myself), wouldn't pay full retail for their suits if they came with two shirts, two ties and a second suit for free.

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Quality-wise, they've already gotten pretty close to JAB (if not right on par). Playing the price game is dangerous, but BB's no longer a "big-timer's brand." A lot of people (including myself), wouldn't pay full retail for their suits if they came with two shirts, two ties and a second suit for free.

Ouch. Makes my half canvassed, made in USA sack blazer at 25% off purchase last Friday sound a lot less exciting...

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ouch. Makes my half canvassed, made in USA sack blazer at 25% off purchase last Friday sound a lot less exciting...

dude, its some random guy on the internet. Sure, some of BB's stuff is no longer what it was, but that goes for pretty much every brand under the sun.

from my experience, BB is still at least two rungs above JAB, so i hope that re-excites you

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, its some random guy on the internet. Sure, some of BB's stuff is no longer what it was, but that goes for pretty much every brand under the sun.
from my experience, BB is still at least two rungs above JAB, so i hope that re-excites you

x2

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was making the point that BB has moved toward JAB's everything on sale all the time pricing model. I strongly disagree that JAB quality is anything near that of BB. That is a ridiculous statement.

Big timer's brand? Like Grey Goose?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was making the point that BB has moved toward JAB's everything on sale all the time pricing model. I strongly disagree that JAB quality is anything near that of BB. That is a ridiculous statement.
Big timer's brand? Like Grey Goose?

Big timer, what an ass clown.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 95% sure that jacket is made in the Southwick factory (BB owned now) with loro piana fabric. I think you're ok.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had. Im not that impressed. Especially since southwick didn't even bother to.fallow the measurements. I wouldn't do it again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics