• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jdlc

Reaction score
Hello there,

I"m a Brooks Brothers associate at a retail store. I can answer some questions and place order with no shipping charge. Please contact me with PM and I will be glad to provide my email or store number.

Last edited:

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello there,

I"m a Brooks Brothers associate at a retail store. I can answer questions and place order with no shipping charge. Please contact me with PM and I will be glad to provide my email or store number. 

Welcome on board!
:slayer::slayer:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any "must gets" at this sale? I really like the Cashmere Aran Cable Knit Shawl Sweater but at $650 after discount is it still too much?

If you really like it, and have the funds go for it. I noticed BB has been cutting back a bit on inventory, also becoming more efficient. A lot of things sell out earlier in the season and don't make it to the end of the season where they do more significant price cuts.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any store associates here know if there will be the week of savings in December as there has been in previous years? Last year I got an awesome sport coat for 40% off during that week. I'm eyeing the suede double monks and figure that'd be the time to buy them, if such a sale were on the schedule...

Thanks!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up the coat yesterday. Best $600 bucks I spent all year (well, besides my Lindrick boots). BB4 fits perfectly. I tried it on in store with the flannel sports coat that I was wearing to make sure it would fit over just about anything. A few years ago, I was in the MA store and the BB$ coats were tight in the shoulders. It seems like they fixed that issue.

Really thick cashmere and the buttons are great. Overall construction is in line with their GF line although this one feels thicker. Very happy with it. Just hope we have a real winter this year so that I can wear it. This coat rocks! :slayer:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my redwing boots, and gotta say, they are freaking awesome. Wore them with dark jeans and a brownish tweed SC, it was a really good look.

I think it was a really good deal for $230.

thomaspaine

Reaction score
Picked up the coat yesterday. Best $600 bucks I spent all year (well, besides my Lindrick boots). BB4 fits perfectly. I tried it on in store with the flannel sports coat that I was wearing to make sure it would fit over just about anything. A few years ago, I was in the MA store and the BB$ coats were tight in the shoulders. It seems like they fixed that issue.
Really thick cashmere and the buttons are great. Overall construction is in line with their GF line although this one feels thicker. Very happy with it. Just hope we have a real winter this year so that I can wear it. This coat rocks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

$600 for that coat is incredible. Do you usually wear a BB4? Wondering if I need to size up for their outerwear if I plan on wearing it over a blazer.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$600 for that coat is incredible. Do you usually wear a BB4? Wondering if I need to size up for their outerwear if I plan on wearing it over a blazer.

I usually wear BB4 as I am a size 44. I was just afraid that it would not fit as I tried some BB4 overcoats on a couple of years ago and they were tight in the shoulders. This one is not.

Beav

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm looking for advice on sizing for sweaters. I notice they don't have measurement info up for sweaters on the BB website, I understand how knits are a bit different than shirts and suits. I find I'm between a small and a medium in just about everything, this makes life difficult if I'm not familiar with the product I'm ordering.

I'm 5'9.5", 168 lbs, 38 inch chest, generally a slim guy with a little bit of a belly. I've found Epaulet's medium shirts fit me well, CT's tailored fit, and LEC's smalls. And I suppose I'll be wearing a shirt under these sweaters, so I have to keep this in mind too.

What do you think? Small or medium?

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone - I'm looking for advice on sizing for sweaters. I notice they don't have measurement info up for sweaters on the BB website, I understand how knits are a bit different than shirts and suits. I find I'm between a small and a medium in just about everything, this makes life difficult if I'm not familiar with the product I'm ordering.
I'm 5'9.5", 168 lbs, 38 inch chest, generally a slim guy with a little bit of a belly. I've found Epaulet's medium shirts fit me well, CT's tailored fit, and LEC's smalls. And I suppose I'll be wearing a shirt under these sweaters, so I have to keep this in mind too.
What do you think? Small or medium?

prob M

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CYstyle and Wrenkin, Thanks....I bought the Harris Tweed SC....
@Beav - I have 39-40 chest (40S SC)...I wear S, in Cashmere and Merino; you may even try XS if you are slim and normal shoulder...

Wrenkin

Reaction score

@CYstyle and Wrenkin, Thanks....I bought the Harris Tweed SC....
@Beav - I have 39-40 chest (40S SC)...I wear S, in Cashmere and Merino; you may even try XS if you are slim and normal shoulder...

I think you'll like it. Better than I expected—not as thick/bombproof as the blue/grey milano houndstooth discussed previously, but substantial and pleasantly fuzzy. Definitely reads as white/black up close rather than grey, which gives it the casual feel required for jeans. Also swelled edges.

brokencycle

Reaction score

If you really like it, and have the funds go for it. I noticed BB has been cutting back a bit on inventory, also becoming more efficient. A lot of things sell out earlier in the season and don't make it to the end of the season where they do more significant price cuts.

My guy told me that BB is trying to reduce the frequency of sales and discounts, so I think your observations are in line with what he was telling me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads