• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roger Everett

Reaction score
Right now thru Nov. 3 is their " special order event " 20% off SO's. Also they are having their perfered customer event, Oct. 26 thru Nov. 4 - 25% off.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does the F&F sale begin today or tomorrow?

Sorry to get technical, but I don't think it is a F&F event. At the F&F event, everyone that knows about the sale gets 25% off. I think for this event most get 15% off, but people with Brooks Brothers credit cards get 25% off.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to get technical, but I don't think it is a F&F event. At the F&F event, everyone that knows about the sale gets 25% off. I think for this event most get 15% off, but people with Brooks Brothers credit cards get 25% off.

I though people with corporate membership cards also got the 25% off.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I though people with corporate membership cards also got the 25% off.

I don't think that is the case. You have to either have a Brooks Brothers Mastercard or a Brooks Card. Not sure what the latter is, but I think it is a charge card, and is not the corporate membership card.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the F&F sale work? Do I just need to mention it, and I will get the sale price?

Roger Everett

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the BB I go to in Jacksonville, with the straight skinny. The spec. order event ( thru Nov. 3 ) is 20% for everyone. The perfered customer event ( thru Nov. 4 ) is 25% for BB card holders or -----15% for non card holders, although if you apply and get the card while there, you get the 25% . Corporate membership is same as non card holders , unless you have corporate BB credit card, which is same as BB credit card discount.

seven7seven

Reaction score
Just bought a preowned suit on the Bay, and its a 40L/34W fitz, and they say the waist measurement on the trousers is 36" with 1" to let out -- do these pants run large or do you think they have been let out?

Also, as far as altering goes, if something has been let out is it easy to take it back in?

Thanks in advance

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^They have been let out if there is only 1 inch left. Fitz pants measure the tagged size, recent ones anyway.

Last edited:

Willin

Reaction score
If I buy a pair of 34x34 BB slacks and cut them down to a 34x30 will they be structured relatively the same as an off the rack 34x30? Or are the legs going to be tapered very differently in comparison? 34x34 is all that's available.

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my local store has a Fitz Tweed in 40S already altered (sleeves and waist taken in) for a customer that decided to back out from the purchase, don;t know why. The alterations done are good enough that I can still shorten the sleeves to my specs and waist is a little snug to my liking but comfortable enough that I can still wear a sweater.
My SA offered the item for a very significant discount (say almost 60% with some coupons) so they can move the item..obviously I am very interested. Just curious, is this something that you wear with jeans? I'm trying to fill a gap of casual SC pairing where material is heavy enough for denims.. Thanks..

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I buy a pair of 34x34 BB slacks and cut them down to a 34x30 will they be structured relatively the same as an off the rack 34x30? Or are the legs going to be tapered very differently in comparison? 34x34 is all that's available.

The main concern is the rise, it's gonna be longer on the 34" than on a 30"

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my local store has a Fitz Tweed in 40S already altered (sleeves and waist taken in) for a customer that decided to back out from the purchase, don;t know why. The alterations done are good enough that I can still shorten the sleeves to my specs and waist is a little snug to my liking but comfortable enough that I can still wear a sweater.
My SA offered the item for a very significant discount (say almost 60% with some coupons) so they can move the item..obviously I am very interested. Just curious, is this something that you wear with jeans? I'm trying to fill a gap of casual SC pairing where material is heavy enough for denims.. Thanks..

yes you can wear with jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads