• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe the ankle boot is a pebble grain version of the AS Greaves:
http://alfredsargent.co.uk/exclusive-range/greaves/

It may be made by AS but it doesn't look like the Greaves. The BF boot has a double sole, storm welt, a much more pronounced welt in general, and if you look at the way the Greaves is cut it slants toward the toe while the BBBF slants towards the heel.

I would say they are very different boots.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brogue is clealry C&J, the boots also look C&J

BF shoes were never made by loake or AS, only C&J tricker's or alden afaik.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The brogue is clealry C&J, the boots also look C&J
BF shoes were never made by loake or AS, only C&J tricker's or alden afaik.

Good information. Do you have any first0-hand feedback on any of these shoes? I'm a little perplexed as to above size 11 they don't have half sizes. The they both seem like they could be great casual shoes. However, the brogue may be a bit too big as I am an 11.5 and at least with boots I could wear boot socks or cashmere. I bought some BBBF boots for my girlfriend once but had to return them as they were too narrow.

I also like the captoe brogue boots but am afraid of them due to the lack of speed hooks which may make them a bit impractical for a casual boot:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good information. Do you have any first0-hand feedback on any of these shoes?

Sorry no, but that toe (brogue and second boot) suggest me that they are made on 325 last, so same sizing as RL Darlton wingtip, where the most common advice is to size down half.

Last edited:

heterophilous

Reaction score
It may be made by AS but it doesn't look like the Greaves. The BF boot has a double sole, storm welt, a much more pronounced welt in general, and if you look at the way the Greaves is cut it slants toward the toe while the BBBF slants towards the heel.
I would say they are very different boots.

ahh, yes the cut of the slant . . . i missed that . . .

heterophilous

Reaction score
Good information. Do you have any first0-hand feedback on any of these shoes? I'm a little perplexed as to above size 11 they don't have half sizes. The they both seem like they could be great casual shoes. However, the brogue may be a bit too big as I am an 11.5 and at least with boots I could wear boot socks or cashmere. I bought some BBBF boots for my girlfriend once but had to return them as they were too narrow.
I also like the captoe brogue boots but am afraid of them due to the lack of speed hooks which may make them a bit impractical for a casual boot:

those look like the C&J Coniston boot . . .

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry no, but that toe (brogue and second boot) suggest me that they are made on 325 last, so same sizing as RL Darlton wingtip, where the most common advice is to size down half.

Really? I have the RL Dalton wingtips and loafers both in US 11.5. I had ordered both of them in 11 during the sale as I could not find a consensus on sizing and I had to return both of the 11s.

That being said, 12 may be too big.

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had also find the 325 true to size, maybe just a tad longer than usual uk size.

Last edited:

Tommy1244

Reaction score

Anyone know if the BF shoes are Loake, C&J, or another maker?
I'm interested in these two. Anyone own then and can provide feedback?:

The nubuck shoes are growing on me. I think they will work well wtih stone and taupe chinos and dark denims. I might buy a pair tomorrow unless they pull them out from the sale.

thomaspaine

Reaction score
The nubuck shoes are growing on me. I think they will work well wtih stone and taupe chinos and dark denims. I might buy a pair tomorrow unless they pull them out from the sale.

Fine print on the sale excludes Black Fleece, but who knows how the website will work.

Quote:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have gone with the shoes if they made them in an 11.5

I had my SA charge-send the two sets of boots from the Manhattan store for the sale--exclusions be damned!

Willin

Reaction score

So it starts at midnight EST, correct?

Also wasn't there a trick where you could hold items in your cart then check in tomorrow and they'd be reduced price? This doesn't seem to be working and items are being released after ~15 minutes, it seems. Could someone please advise if I am doing something wrong or they just changed their online policy?

Thanks

Cabana Boy

Reaction score
I am new to this but I am looking at their website and do not see anything regarding a sale? Can someone direct me? It would be much appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads