• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the hardest thing you've ever done?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I climbed the mountain that thousands of warring samurai couldn't climb to topple Oda Nobunaga. I climbed it alone, in a pair of sneakers, with a Ferragamo Manpurse in tow.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being honest when it was facially to my detriment about something I felt I could lie about without challenge or cost to another.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
im about to embark on the hardest thing i may have ever will do up to this point. (grammar?)

will let you all know in a few months. no, not a child.

good luck brother. you know I got your back (in a long distance, symbolic kinda way
laugh.gif
)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Parenting my parents after the death of my younger brother (spring of my senior year in undergrad) and being the only person who could deal with all the wonderful logistical bits and pieces that have to go along with that. Took a month off from school, and returned to finish two majors in two languages (oral defenses, weeks of cumulative exams, etc.) at my fancy-pants college.

Everything else seems pretty easy now, except for dealing with the constant, niggling fear that the world is ending/everyone I know is about to die. Oh, and now I hate birthdays.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Physically: my 2nd marathon. I took a spill during the first, injured my knee, DNF. I started training as soon as the knee had healed up and completed my next. Socially: moving away from home at 22 to Chicago, where I knew nobody. I got a job offer on Thursday, packed on Saturday, drove up on Sunday and started work on Monday. I'd never been away for longer than a weekend before that.
How are you adjusting? I find the anticipation of social isolation the worst aspect of uprooting. In my experiences, the mind has a reassuring ability to adapt and find -- and in some cases transfer -- meaning in new and foreign conditions. For instance, I'm about to move 2.5 thousand miles away from my family tomorrow. I am anxious, but it's the same anxiousness I felt when I moved 300 miles away to college, when I moved 1 thousand miles away to start my first job, and oddly when I moved back to my hometown between my first and second job. Mobility is the one of the greatest happinesses. It's second only to commitment.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You decided on Connecticut?

If you need help getting acclimated, let me know.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, good luck!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
- The aftermath of my mother's brain aneurysm. Even though I was 21, the situation forced me to do a lot of growing up on the fly. In the span of three months, I had to deal with selling the house; clearing out said house filled with thousands (and THOUSANDS) of things in a matter of weeks after we found a buyer quickly; finding a new place to live; adjusting to living on my own for the first time in my life; not failing out of school, and finding time to visit my mom each day wherever she was (she got moved around to different facilities during her recovery). On top of that, I was fresh out of a multi-year relationship and still trying to work through that.

- Being 10 and having my mom's live-in boyfriend have a heart attack and die in our house. He had been more of a dad than my biological pops, so it hit me hard. It was also my, "Holy crap, people I know are going to die some day" moment.

cimabue

Reaction score
Trying to repair a popped chain on my bike when I was a small kid. I knew what I needed to do but couldn't because my little hands weren't strong enough to do the job and tools were only vaguely understood. That's about as frustrated as I've ever been, I think.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
Trying to repair a popped chain on my bike when I was a small kid. I knew what I needed to do but couldn't because my little hands weren't strong enough to do the job and tools were only vaguely understood. That's about as frustrated as I've ever been, I think.

Lol. You must be what we call a "plebe" here at SF. Man, if I keep this up, I'm never going to be elected to public office.
foo.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiloX
Deciding to take my firstborn off her ventilator.

that puts everything in proportion. sorry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads