• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Were You Wearing 10 Years Ago? WAYWRN-X

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Urban, regardless of what period of time your pictures are taken, you always have had a natural knack for the camera. It loves you. You need to get out of San Fran and get to Hollywood, nohomo.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

n9502318_31708427_9606.jpg
Given your current affection for teh sack and its body hiding nature, I'm surprised no one has yet commented on your nice guns.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Urban, regardless of what period of time your pictures are taken, you always have had a natural knack for the camera. It loves you. You need to get out of San Fran and get to Hollywood, nohomo.

Thanks. I did. Paid well. The show kinda sucked, TBH. Glad it's squirreled away. The YouTube stuff, though, still remains :embar:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks. I did. Paid well. The show kinda sucked, TBH. Glad it's squirreled away. The YouTube stuff, though, still remains :embar:

No ****.. good on you. Now go back armed with a tumblr and SF resume and go for it again. :)

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only tiny thing I can find from 10 years ago. Cheap black cotton suits, black unisex shirts, neon (or dark blue, purple or black!) ties, and square-toed non-leather black boots. Well, what can I say? I was a vegan working in a university architecture department and monochrome was pretty much what the architects wore. I was departing from the norm by wearing a shirt and tie of any kind instead of a black or grey turtleneck. I think I had been reading too much cyberpunk science fiction stuff...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty much what I'm wearing today. I've added a few new Savile Row pieces to the wardrobe ... but the great majority of my tailored clothing was already in my wardrobe ten years ago. The style certainly hasn't changed.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only tiny thing I can find from 10 years ago. Cheap black cotton suits, black unisex shirts, neon (or dark blue, purple or black!) ties, and square-toed non-leather black boots. Well, what can I say? I was a vegan working in a university architecture department and monochrome was pretty much what the architects wore. I was departing from the norm by wearing a shirt and tie of any kind instead of a black or grey turtleneck. I think I had been reading too much cyberpunk science fiction stuff...
Those of us in the architecture and design professions are notoriously bad dressers - particularly architects. And particularly in regards to all things black. I think most have moved past it now but a few decades ago I think the all black look was pretty much 'required' at design firms. At least on days when design presentations were being made to clients. Something about black being totally 'neutral' was certainly part of the thinking. That if we wore a 'background' color we would diminish our personal presence and thus not conflict with the contents of the presentation. In our defense, at least on the interior design side, I will say that there are least some who demonstrate a good understanding of textiles, color and texture. But few then apply those principles to properly tailored garments. Although a notable exception has made himself known in the post just above mine.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those of us in the architecture and design professions are notoriously bad dressers - particularly architects.
Speak for yourself.

And particularly in regards to all things black.
My current avatar -- from 10+ years ago -- is about as close as I came to all black. Black cashmere pull-over sweater, charcoal wool trousers, black & white tweed coat with vivid blue windowpane, light brown shoes, belt & watch band.

As I recall I was making a presentation in Vicenza, Italy when that photo was taken.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speak for yourself.
My current avatar -- from 10+ years ago -- is about as close as I came to all black. Black cashmere pull-over sweater, charcoal wool trousers, black & white tweed coat with vivid blue windowpane, light brown shoes, belt & watch band.
As I recall I was making a presentation in Vicenza, Italy when that photo was taken.

Unfortunately I am!

:lol:

Although I do believe without a doubt that I often was more tastefully turned out than my peers - even back then. I certainly never wore black shirts at least. Although I must plead guilty in regard to black suits.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unfortunately I am!
Although I do believe without a doubt that I often was more tastefully turned out than my peers - even back then. I certainly never wore black shirts at least. Although I must please guilty in regard to black suits.
I still occasionally 'do' the black sweater thing (per the avatar).

I remember Michael Graves saying that he liked to add a touch of brown (perhaps a watch band) just to piss-off other architects. Architects can simultaneously be an amazing and awful lot.

Edit: Oops ... the plural not possessive of architect.

Last edited:

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
copyofdscf0218.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
This was about ten years ago. Chick I was with was wearing super high heels. She was really good looking back then. Sadly after me she started dating a biker and got pretty much her whole body tatooed.

Last edited:

youngScholar

Reaction score
My footwear of choice would be construction boots, because they were "utilitarian" and "all I needed." Same with my choice of trousers. Dressing well ( and not in the SF sense) was not even on the radar.

I also had a lot of weight/self-image issues back then, trying to fit into things which were too really too tight.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump, In honor of iammatt's Z Cavariccis revival thread

Last edited:

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually thought the idea of this thread was pretty cool. Wish more people would dig up more pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads