• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do in Zurich?

Histrion

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'll be in Switzerland for work later this month. I have never been to Zurich before and I was wondering what were the nice things to see and the good places to go for a drink or eat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus the search function here is terrible. I was going to do a quick search and pull up some threads where Zurich is discussed but typing in Zurich in the field isn't helpful.

Um, I was there for a few nights last March. Great town. Stop in to Kronenhalle for some cocktails and check out their in house art collection (includes some picassos). It's in an area called Bellvue. After Kronenhalle, there are some windy streets that includes some other restaurants and shops - great for walking around but I didn't see anything all that memorable there. There is a Nomos Glaschutte shop around there. Ah, nearly forgot a tiny little shoe shop not far from the Nomos that carried a lot of cool shoe horns and walking sticks.

All of Bahnhoffstrasse is great. A lot of nice shops - big names and smaller boutiques. Between Bahnhoffstrass and the water is the Storchen hotel. Very nice. I had drinks at Barchetta - nice little bar.

Not much else to say. I was able to walk all of what was worth seeing in all of 5 or so hours. This included stopping for a drink or two at Barchetta and Kronenhalle. It would have been a two day thing if I had a chance to check out the museums. If you'll be there on any day other than a monday I would suggest you do so. I wanted to see the Design Museum just north of the main train station. Stop into one of the Sprungli cafes for some chocolate.

If you're interested in nightlife, the bars and clubs I went to weren't that great since my friend didn't know the spots then but I can double check for you as he's gotten more settled down by now.

Oh, Zurich is expensive as hell too.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got problems to find posts from pre-new forum, too.

I was in Zürich two years ago. But not too long. It was nice, we stayed at friends and had dinner with them at their home so can't help you with that. The historic parts are very beautiful.

Last edited:

Histrion

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had seen these threads, but I wanted a bit more in terms of restaurants / drink places -- your first post is helpful. Thanks again!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bahnhof strasse is great, just walking around. I am trying to rack my brain for the name of a good fondue place, but I just can't find it, sory - no, the place is called Racklette, it's across the river from the train station, a short walk, in the old city.small place, really good, not upmarket. have the rocklette.

evilWagon

Reaction score
+1 For the restaraunt at the end of the Bahnhof strasse, if the weathers nice stop in for a drink, or three outside. The lakes lovely in the morning as is the rest of the city to go for a walk in. Switzerland has a bad rap for being expensive I've found, we enjoy a pretty good exchange with the swiss franc and it's really not that expensive as any well to do area of any major city. I'm sure you could spend a lot if you went looking for it, $100,000.00+ handmade watches etc but as a vistor it's not that bad. (Mind you my family also lives there, Basel though).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Edit (number 2) - I meant expensive as in ~$40 for an order of onion rings and fries at a totally unremarkable restaurant that wasn't even aiming at the corporate or foody market. The prices are expensive for everyday items, then you're hit again when you think of the exchange rate.

Last edited:

Histrion

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm flying out tonight, I'll let you know if I'm able to get away from work and do some of the things you mentioned!

bafe

Reaction score
Langstrasse!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

It's full of hipsters now.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's pretty tame for a red light district. There is a brothel there though you wouldn't tell from the outside. A nice caribbean strip joint too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads