• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What time do you wake up for work?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I am a work slave. But my point is that the longest I'm ever away from work is one full day. You take much more than that. Thus, I am more important to my company than you are to yours. So, basically, I should be making what you make instead of $9.50 an hour. I will print this thread out and show it to my GM.

Actually, since there's apparently only you and your boss in the kitchen, you are far, far more important to the daily operations of your organization than I am. However, I deal with daily operations as little as possible and attempt to delegate everything I can as my role is somewhat different, hence making my "value" of a different nature.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Does importance of industry to society have anything to do with compensation? :confused:

Not at all. Not that that's the reason why I get paid so poorly. But not at all.
Actually, since there's apparently only you and your boss in the kitchen, you are far, far more important to the daily operations of your organization than I am. However, I deal with daily operations as little as possible and attempt to delegate everything I can as my role is somewhat different, hence making my "value" of a different nature.

WRONG. I am the most important of anyone to any company in any capacity.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So my job is useless to society, but since you work in a bank or finance or something like that, society would fall apart without you?

No, no, I don't mean that. I am just saying that industries that hold a lot of employment, or have a greater impact on economic growth, or stability as a whole people in general are compensated more. This, includes in some degree risk, and I don't work in a bank/finance.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8:30 M-Th, 9:00 Friday when it's my turn to work. I work pretty much every other week. There is another person with my exact same job so we alternate weeks. It's pretty sweet for a full time salary.

Still, it's too damn early for me. Doesn't hurt that I'm a 4 minute metro ride to work... but still.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm trying to phrase this as diplomatically as possible....comparing my life to yours....does it really seem to you like I'm the one that's part of the walking dead? I mean, I hate having to work, but I don't let that set my attitude towards life. I think a person's attitude towards life is one of those macro things that is going to overshadow everything they do...or don't do.
G'luck on that woman hunt though. She would be a keeper. ;)

No, dumbo, I mean that I'D be part of the WD. Just starting out corporate wage slaves are all walking dead

riverrun

Reaction score
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death

When I was a kid, with a kid's boundless energy, I used to tell people I barely needed sleep as I would get all the sleep I needed when I was dead.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has started making me wake up 30-45 minutes earlier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads