• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 was terrible. Easily the worst of the series. I think they peaked around 4-6, then have been getting steadily bigger, more ridiculous, and worse ever since.
Disagree

2 is when they said screw having a plot, let’s just get ALL the cars.

That makes it great.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been discussed but if someone would humor me please. What was the appeal of Barbie that made it such a big money maker? Saw it with the wife yesterday at home and neither one of us got it. It’s messaging was so heavy handed and the Wonder Woman movie did the whole “women world good/man world bad” thing much better. That America Ferrara speech, after 15 seconds even my wife was like :sarcasm:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got round to watching Edward Norton's Motherless Brooklyn last night. What an excellent movie. A film by someone who loves and understands the source material but realises that a film is a different thing from a book. A film by someone who understands that cinema should be more than a serious of random action sequences, and that character, cinematography and sound all matter. A film that makes you happy that they still do, sometimes, "make 'em like that."

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My daughter requested this over the weekend.
View attachment 2088363
She made multiple observations- a) she knew how to play a couple of the pieces the string quartet was playing at the party, b) obviously, it's a Christmas movie; why would anyone think it isn't?, and c) that doesn't look like Professor Snape at all.

Maybe I can talk her into watching Die Hard 2 this weekend...

You should get her “The Nakatomi Paradigm” for the holidays.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally got round to watching Edward Norton's Motherless Brooklyn last night. What an excellent movie. A film by someone who loves and understands the source material but realises that a film is a different thing from a book. A film by someone who understands that cinema should be more than a serious of random action sequences, and that character, cinematography and sound all matter. A film that makes you happy that they still do, sometimes, "make 'em like that."

I can watch pretty much anything he or Gary Oldham are in. Gary Oldham to me is the most underrated actor in the history of the wacky Hollywood world.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silent Night, the return to American film of legendary Hong Kong director John Woo. The movie's gimmick is that it is almost completely devoid of dialogue--thus, the title. (The movie also largely occurs at Christmastime.) The idea might have worked with a better movie. The problem, aside from almost nothing happening the first hour, is that it felt like John Woo doing a John Wick movie, not a John Woo movie. Hopefully Woo gets better source material next time.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've started Joker like 3 times . impossible to finish . what a ************* .

in other news , i watched a bit of Sommersby (1993) and ended up emailing the wardrobe designer b/c i thought the production design was so good

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0031.jpeg

Think David Lynch meets Tim Burton in a steam punk remix of Frankenstein meets My Fair Lady and I do not know with Emma Stones performance how it’s not R Rated
A good time was had by all…highly recommend.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wim Wenders's Perfect Days is a slow, subtle and beautiful story of a few days in one life in Tokyo, with wonderful acting. With the possible exception of Cafe Lumière, the most Japanese film made by a non-Japanese director I've ever seen.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Watched The Iron Claw a few days ago. It had some really great performances in it. However, prior to the movie I had no idea how tragic the Von Erich family's story is. It's a bit of a rough watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads