• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night. Decided to slow cook some baby back ribs on the grill. After getting things going I was dragged out to go storm chasing. A good set of storms were firing up which is a good thing but they were about 200 miles away. Since it wasn't on my dime and I didn't have to drive I grabbed some camera equipment, the GPS and the laptop and off we went. We made it fairly close to where the storms were and then it became interesting. It was getting dark so there was a good chance of getting some really good lightning shots. The storms were isolated and slow moving but they were also dumping some pretty good sized hail. Hmmmm not good since we would have to drive through it to get in position. Then one of them started to develop a wall cloud and for a bit it was tagged as tornadic. Hail is one thing. Hail and a possible tornado after dark is another. I decided we weren't going there and besides that my ribs were about halfway done. So we headed back, ate some awesome ribs and drank Tequila.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh man, sweet thread! My noob ass just found out about this.

Let's see...I did 235 pull ups with NO gloves! I was pealing off my skin on that part of your palm right at the base of the fingers in the shower this morning!
uhoh.gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Home Depot.

Did some yard work (not gardening, that's not manly. YARD WORK!)

Disassembled my shotgun and soaked the action in mineral spirits. Oiled the wood parts with tung oil

Ate chicken fingers. Farted out loud.

Shaved the beard that I had been growing for like 10 days.
Hahahaha! I will attempt that feat today with a stomach full of broccoli!

Also, does watching Appreciation for 3 hours straight count?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ahh man, sweet thread! My noob ass just found out about this.

Let's see...I did 235 pull ups with NO gloves! I was pealing off my skin on that part of your palm right at the base of the fingers in the shower this morning! :uhoh:

Hahahaha! I will attempt that feat today with a stomach full of broccoli!

Also, does watching Appreciation for 3 hours straight count?

Not if you try to blame the resultant blisters and skin peeling on pull-ups.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I slept in for a change. I spent 4 days chasing storms all over hell's half acre, covered a concert event and drank too much at the after event party. Later today we're supposed to get some really nasty storms. So I'm getting ready to head back out later to see if I can destroy my car in hail, dodge lightning and get a good shot of a tornado chewing up the countryside.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Might want to shoot that thing a couple more times just to make sure you got it.

I was surprised at how concentrated the buckshot was, even at that close of a distance. I was aiming for the head, but I thought the pattern would have opened up a bit more.

Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was surprised at how concentrated the buckshot was, even at that close of a distance. I was aiming for the head, but I thought the pattern would have opened up a bit more.

What size buckshot were you using? I would prefer to use birdshot on a snake like that to reduce the danger of ricochet, damage to property and such.

I have sometimes thought that if I were in Florida and had the occasion to dispatch one of those awful pythons, I would use a tightly choked 12 gauge (which I've got in the form of a 71-year-old Winchester Model 12) loaded with a charge of #2 birdshot and go for a head shot.

Last edited:

GreatHighway

Reaction score
just fixed the squeaking fan belt in my car then inspected my brake pads. still life in them. I was wearing chinos from Uniqlo btw

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not. At close range a shotgun acts like a single projectile gun. The reason being is it takes a certain amount of distance before the wad separates from the shot charge and begins expanding.

Jan, one of those 410 type revolvers with the Winchester PDX rounds would work great on those pesky pythons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads