• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The dog and I went for a hike behind my house, searching for the perfect Christmas tree.
2 hours, and a few axe swings later, and she fell.
Awesome morning !

Dude, you know you could've just taken the dog to a shelter or something, right?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do y'all Tom Foolio's know anyone who recently repaired his own garbage disposal? If you know me you do and that is a fact.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Big T

Reaction score
I sat in my easy chair ALL DAY without SWMBO once yipping at me, saying to do something.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was at nearby friends house this morning for brunch before some college football games. they had a 4" hole in their drywall in their living room. I subtly probed them about it and it was there for months. They seem like the kind of people who didn't really know anything about home repairs.

I walked back to the house to get some tools, and some spare drywall/1" wood scraps, and dry wall tape.

I did it the way where you cut a square around the hole then fit a piece of drywall into and anchor it with 1" pieces with drywall screws from behind and dry wall tape then covered with super quick compound. It was totally ******* neat too because I cut a plastic recycling bag and hung it on/around the area with masking tape and used a damp sponge instead of sand paper, and cut the backing small pieces of wood at my place before hand. They still had primer and paint left over in their basement.

it was patched up, smooth, and primer-ed before lunch was served.

I asked if he was ok with letting the primer dry overnight and painting it over himself tomorrow, and my friend and his wife didn't even really know what I was talking about so I figured it would be good enough and painted over it a couple hours later.

everything was fixed, primer-ed, and painted over and looked excellent before the afternoon games even ended.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

was at nearby friends house this morning for brunch before some college football games. they had a 4" hole in their drywall in their living room. I subtly probed them about it and it was there for months. They seem like the kind of people who didn't really know anything about home repairs.
I walked back to the house to get some tools, and some spare drywall/1" wood scraps, and dry wall tape.
I did it the way where you cut a square around the hole then fit a piece of drywall into and anchor it with 1" pieces with drywall screws from behind and dry wall tape then covered with super quick compound. It was totally ******* neat too because I cut a plastic recycling bag and hung it on/around the area with masking tape and used a damp sponge instead of sand paper, and cut the backing small pieces of wood at my place before hand. They still had primer and paint left over in their basement.
I asked if he was ok with letting the primer dry overnight and painting it over himself tomorrow, and my friend and his wife didn't even really know what I was talking about so I figured it would be good enough and painted over it a couple hours later.
everything was fixed, primer-ed, and painted over and looked excellent before the afternoon games even ended.

Lawrence, you are a god amongst men. Well done.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lawrence, you're a great friend. Srsly. I don't know people who would be so generous with their time and effort. Kudos!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am these people (my eyes started glossing in the middle of your explanation :laugh:) and wish I had friends like you !

Well done - great way to start the year :)

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am these people (my eyes started glossing in the middle of your explanation :laugh:) and wish I had friends like you !
Well done - great way to start the year :)

my older brother was a rage-o-holic when we were young... lots of holes in the dry wall, from fists, feet, and nintendo controllers. I had a lot of practice.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my older brother was a rage-o-holic when we were young... lots of holes in the dry wall, from fists, feet, and nintendo controllers. I had a lot of practice.

Are you good at roofing?

If you move to England,let me know?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.