• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Say "hi" to Bilbo:

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is but if I was a young pup that cared about haute food preparation, I would take you up on it. As it is, I am more of a consumer of food then a producer and when you have two kids involved in a hundred activities, any free time on weekends is sacred.

It will be more of a buffet. You wouldn't enjoy carving lamb for a few hours?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It will be more of a buffet. You wouldn't enjoy carving lamb for a few hours?

Australia Day 1988 12-4pm carved legs of lamb, lamb and more lamb. And that was after spending 7-11 perping and cooking them.

Or are you using back straps?

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Australia Day 1988 12-4pm carved legs of lamb, lamb and more lamb. And that was after spending 7-11 perping and cooking them.

Or are you using back straps?

Shoulders. Sous vide for the duration of 3 days. North African spices, onion confit, apricots and fresh thyme with a side of cous cous.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. Friday is St Patrick's day and for the extended(Irish) family doing a couple of slow cooked legs 5 hrs on beds of rosemary with pockets of garlic wrapped in prosciutto. And potatoes, lots of potatoes.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chilean sea bass with a honey&spice glaze and mango-pepper salsa; baby spinach and pea shoot salad with soy-honey-balsamic vinaigrette.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading to Vegas this weekend for a meetup with friends. Dinner is taken care of but looking for some places to have a more interesting lunch.

Any suggestions?

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it decent in Vegas? I lived near one when I was in DC and the food was disgusting.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Apparently. Wife ate there a total of 11-12x's when she was there finalizing the design of a big restaurant that opened in the summer.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it decent in Vegas? I lived near one when I was in DC and the food was disgusting.

I went to the DC one off and on over the years in the early to mid 2000s. It was really inconsistent over that period--some really good meals, some surprisingly bad ones. I've been to the Vegas one once and had a really good time. (Was drunk though, obvs.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads