• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one's for Matt..

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've cooked that dish three years ago or so. Took me about a thousand years to prepare.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is time intensive, but incredibly enjoyable-meditative, even. Most of Robuchon's recipes are an exercise in radial symmetry, which I find jolly.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Not quite seasonal but I saw these at the butcher's and they just looked so good. Braised ox tails on a bed of cauliflower mash.

commanderdean

Reaction score
I had my regular "Monday dish". Semola Pasta with buffalo Mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, rocket, olive oil, salt'n'pepper.
You have to poor the hot cooked pasta onto the rest except the rocket. This has to come on top. Yaaam!

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer tasting menu at North Pond:

Foie Gras, Raspberry Smoked Foie Gras Mousse, Raspberry Jam, Marcona Almonds, Oat Cookie Crumble, Nibs
Tuna, Melon Miso Albacore Tuna, Sake Watermelon, Sesame Slaw, Togarashi Spice, Lime Gel, Shiso
Surprise course Nectarine and tomato gaspacho
Corn, Beans Cornbread Cavatelli, Sweet Corn, Green Beans, Honey-Black Olive Jam, Corn Nuts, Hibiscus
Guinea Hen, Basil Hen Breast Roulades, Striped Shrimp, Herb “Pudding”, Mushroom, Saturn Peach, Bacon, Tomato
Plum, Pistachio Purple Plums, Red Heart Jam Swiss Roll, Sangria Sorbet, Pistachio Meringue, Vanilla

The foie gras spread was a delight to look at with such a variety of toppings sprinkled over a generous portion. The tuna was seared perfectly and one of the sauces (togarashi?) paired very well. The nectarine and tomato gaspacho was quite refreshing, with the sweetness of the nectarine taking the forefront while the subtle tartness of tomatoes followed. The hen roulade really set the bar for poultry breast tenderness. I am guessing it was prepared sous vide; the texture was the most memorable thing of the night.

The location in the middle of a park is really nice, and the food was really playful while letting the ingredients shine. Thoroughly enjoyable and price is a (relative) steal. Highly recommend.

Also had the tasting menu at BOKA previously, but for me that was more just "good food" without anything really wowing me (except the house made brioche that came with the foie gras creme brulee). I think I would have preferred the a la carte menu.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure. First is a salad of haricot verts with fraises de bois from my garden, wild garlic flowers and curry (really beautiful flavors). Second is veal with 4 different tomato preparations, parmesan and fresh almonds.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads